Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Leo Sutic <le...@gmail.com> on 2004/08/15 17:55:01 UTC

Updating the website

Hi,

as part of the release process of Commons-Attributes, I am trying to
update the Jakarta website. I'm following the instructions at:

    http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/releases/release.html

Step 15:

    > cd /www/jakarta.apache.org/commons
    > cvs -q up
    cvs update: No CVSROOT specified!  Please use the `-d' option
    cvs [update aborted]: or set the CVSROOT environment variable.

What now?

I have modified the source xdocs, build the site, committed the
changed pages. All I want to do is refresh the files on the site from
CVS.

/LS

Re: Updating the website

Posted by Leo Sutic <le...@gmail.com>.
OK, thanks!

But it seems like somebody else did it for me, because my changes are all up.

/LS

On Mon, 16 Aug 2004 20:51:04 +0100, robert burrell donkin

Re: Updating the website

Posted by robert burrell donkin <ro...@blueyonder.co.uk>.
oops -  i think that i was more than a little confused early. to avoid
any mistakes, here's a  fuller explanation:

the jakarta-commons stuff is mavenized and you should use site:deploy.

the jakarta-site stuff uses anakia and needs to be committed to CVS.
there instructions about how this works on the website.

http://jakarta.apache.org/site/jakarta-site2.html
http://jakarta.apache.org/site/jakarta-site2b.html
http://jakarta.apache.org/site/jakarta-site-tags.html

but here the summary:
  checkout jakarta-site2;
  make the changes you need to the xml files;
  run ant;
  check the html output;
  check the xml and html into cvs;
  cd /www/jakarta.apache.org on minotaur;
  cvs -q up -d -P index.html site.

- robert

Re: Updating the website

Re: Updating the website

Posted by Stephen Colebourne <sc...@btopenworld.com>.
[attributes] itself holds the maven files - project.xml and the xdocs
folder.

Stephen

Posted by Leo Sutic <le...@gmail.com>.
Hi Robert,