Posted to users@archiva.apache.org by Sunita Pahwa <pa...@gmail.com> on 2008/02/15 12:00:56 UTC

Not able to login to archiva using newly created user

I am using archiva 1.0.1 standalone version.
When I created new user from 'User Management', On clicking 'create user' it
gives following exception:

008-02-15 16:23:06,251 [SocketListener0-0] WARN
com.opensymphony.xwork.util.Og
lUtil  - Caught OgnlException while setting property 'principal' on type '
com.o
ensymphony.webwork.dispatcher.ServletActionRedirectResult'.
gnl.NoSuchPropertyException:
com.opensymphony.webwork.dispatcher.ServletActionR
directResult.principal
       at ognl.ObjectPropertyAccessor.setProperty(
ObjectPropertyAccessor.java:1
2)
       at
com.opensymphony.xwork.util.OgnlValueStack$ObjectAccessor.setProperty
OgnlValueStack.java:67)
       at ognl.OgnlRuntime.setProperty(OgnlRuntime.java:1656)
       at ognl.ASTProperty.setValueBody(ASTProperty.java:101)
       at ognl.SimpleNode.evaluateSetValueBody(SimpleNode.java:177)
       at ognl.SimpleNode.setValue(SimpleNode.java:246)
       at ognl.Ognl.setValue(Ognl.java:476)
       at com.opensymphony.xwork.util.OgnlUtil.setValue(OgnlUtil.java:188)
       at com.opensymphony.xwork.util.OgnlUtil.internalSetProperty(
OgnlUtil.jav
:362)
       at com.opensymphony.xwork.util.OgnlUtil.setProperties(OgnlUtil.java
:78)
       at com.opensymphony.xwork.util.OgnlUtil.setProperties(OgnlUtil.java
:51)
       at com.opensymphony.xwork.ObjectFactory.buildResult(
ObjectFactory.java:1
6)
       at org.codehaus.plexus.xwork.PlexusObjectFactory.buildResult
(PlexusObjec
Factory.java:166)
       at com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.createResult
(DefaultAc
ionInvocation.java:173)
       at com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.executeResult
(DefaultA
tionInvocation.java:310)
       at com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke
(DefaultActionIn
ocation.java:208)
       at
org.codehaus.plexus.redback.xwork.interceptor.SecureActionInterceptor
intercept(SecureActionInterceptor.java:159)
       at com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke
(DefaultActionIn
ocation.java:190)
       at
org.codehaus.plexus.redback.xwork.interceptor.PolicyEnforcementInterc
ptor.intercept(PolicyEnforcementInterceptor.java:149)
       at com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke
(DefaultActionIn
ocation.java:190)
       at
org.codehaus.plexus.redback.xwork.interceptor.AutoLoginInterceptor.in
ercept(AutoLoginInterceptor.java:156)
       at com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke
(DefaultActionIn
ocation.java:190)
       at
org.codehaus.plexus.redback.xwork.interceptor.ForceAdminUserIntercept
r.intercept(ForceAdminUserInterceptor.java:76)
       at com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke
(DefaultActionIn
ocation.java:190)
       at
org.codehaus.plexus.redback.xwork.interceptor.EnvironmentCheckInterce
tor.intercept(EnvironmentCheckInterceptor.java:122)
       at com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke
(DefaultActionIn
ocation.java:190)
       at
com.opensymphony.xwork.interceptor.DefaultWorkflowInterceptor.doInter
ept(DefaultWorkflowInterceptor.java:175)
       at
com.opensymphony.xwork.interceptor.MethodFilterInterceptor.intercept(
ethodFilterInterceptor.java:86)
       at com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke
(DefaultActionIn
ocation.java:190)
       at com.opensymphony.xwork.validator.ValidationInterceptor.doIntercept
(Va
idationInterceptor.java:115)
       at
com.opensymphony.xwork.interceptor.MethodFilterInterceptor.intercept(
ethodFilterInterceptor.java:86)
       at com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke
(DefaultActionIn
ocation.java:190)
       at com.opensymphony.xwork.interceptor.AroundInterceptor.intercept
(Around
nterceptor.java:31)
       at com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke
(DefaultActionIn
ocation.java:190)
       at com.opensymphony.xwork.interceptor.AroundInterceptor.intercept
(Around
nterceptor.java:31)
       at com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke
(DefaultActionIn
ocation.java:190)
       at com.opensymphony.xwork.interceptor.AroundInterceptor.intercept
(Around
nterceptor.java:31)
       at com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke
(DefaultActionIn
ocation.java:190)
       at
com.opensymphony.webwork.interceptor.FileUploadInterceptor.intercept(
ileUploadInterceptor.java:174)
       at com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke
(DefaultActionIn
ocation.java:190)
       at com.opensymphony.xwork.interceptor.AroundInterceptor.intercept
(Around
nterceptor.java:31)
       at com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke
(DefaultActionIn
ocation.java:190)
       at
com.opensymphony.webwork.interceptor.debugging.DebuggingInterceptor.i
tercept(DebuggingInterceptor.java:169)
       at com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke
(DefaultActionIn
ocation.java:190)
       at com.opensymphony.xwork.interceptor.AroundInterceptor.intercept
(Around
nterceptor.java:31)
       at com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke
(DefaultActionIn
ocation.java:190)
       at com.opensymphony.xwork.interceptor.I18nInterceptor.intercept
(I18nInte
ceptor.java:151)
[...]
com.opensymphony.xwork.interceptor.ExceptionMappingInterceptor.interc
pt(ExceptionMappingInterceptor.java:186)
       at com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke
(DefaultActionIn
ocation.java:190)
       at com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionProxy.execute
(DefaultActionProxy.
ava:116)
       at com.opensymphony.webwork.dispatcher.DispatcherUtils.serviceAction
(Dis
atcherUtils.java:273)
       at com.opensymphony.webwork.dispatcher.FilterDispatcher.doFilter
(FilterD
spatcher.java:202)
       at
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.WebApplicationHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(
ebApplicationHandler.java:821)
       at com.opensymphony.module.sitemesh.filter.PageFilter.parsePage
(PageFilt
r.java:118)
       at com.opensymphony.module.sitemesh.filter.PageFilter.doFilter
(PageFilte
.java:52)
       at
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.WebApplicationHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(
ebApplicationHandler.java:821)
       at com.opensymphony.webwork.dispatcher.ActionContextCleanUp.doFilter
(Act
onContextCleanUp.java:88)
       at
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.WebApplicationHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(
ebApplicationHandler.java:821)
       at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.WebApplicationHandler.dispatch
(WebApplicati
nHandler.java:471)
       at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(
ServletHandler.java:5
8)
       at org.mortbay.http.HttpContext.handle(HttpContext.java:1530)
       at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.WebApplicationContext.handle
(WebApplication
ontext.java:633)
       at org.mortbay.http.HttpContext.handle(HttpContext.java:1482)
       at org.mortbay.http.HttpConnection.service(HttpConnection.java:816)
       at org.mortbay.http.HttpConnection.handleNext(HttpConnection.java
:982)
       at org.mortbay.http.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:833)
       at org.mortbay.http.SocketListener.handleConnection(
SocketListener.java:
44)
       at org.mortbay.util.ThreadedServer.handle(ThreadedServer.java:357)
       at org.mortbay.util.ThreadPool$PoolThread.run(ThreadPool.java:534)

How to resolve this?
Thanks in advance.

Re: Not able to login to archiva using newly created user

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On Feb 17, 2008 11:59 PM, Pahwa, Sunita <Su...@keane.com> wrote:

> Which file I need to change in the data folder of archiva to flip the
> validated bit?

You would need to use a client like Squirrel SQL to connect to the
database and edit it using SQL statements.

The quickest way to "fix" this is probably to add the following line
to security.properties:

email.validation.required=false

See:  http://redback.codehaus.org/configuration.html

> Also, When I click on "resend validation" for newly created user, it
> gives me following error:
> 2008-02-18 12:24:38,942 [SocketListener0-0] ERROR
> org.codehaus.plexus.redback.xw
> ork.mail.Mailer:default  - Unable to send message, subject [Welcome to
> Maven Archiva]
> org.codehaus.plexus.mailsender.MailSenderException: Error while sending
> the message.

Is there more to the stack trace?  I didn't see the root cause in what
you pasted.  We don't need the whole thing, just look for the real
reason it's having trouble.  My guess is that you need to configure
the smtp server so it can send mail.

--
Wendy

RE: Not able to login to archiva using newly created user

Posted by "Pahwa, Sunita" <Su...@Keane.com>.
Which file I need to change in the data folder of archiva to flip the
validated bit?

Also, When I click on "resend validation" for newly created user, it
gives me following error:

2008-02-18 12:24:38,942 [SocketListener0-0] ERROR
org.codehaus.plexus.redback.xw
ork.mail.Mailer:default  - Unable to send message, subject [Welcome to
Maven Arc
hiva]
org.codehaus.plexus.mailsender.MailSenderException: Error while sending
the mess
age.
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.mailsender.javamail.AbstractJavamailMailSender.se
nd(AbstractJavamailMailSender.java:224)
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.redback.xwork.mail.Mailer.sendMessage(Mailer.java
:145)
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.redback.xwork.mail.Mailer.sendAccountValidationEm
ail(Mailer.java:70)
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.redback.xwork.action.RegisterAction.resendRegistr
ationEmail(RegisterAction.java:207)
        at
java:39)
        at
sorImpl.java:25)
        at
com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invokeAction(DefaultAc
tionInvocation.java:358)
        at
com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invokeActionOnly(Defau
ltActionInvocation.java:218)
        at
com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionIn
vocation.java:192)
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.redback.xwork.interceptor.SecureActionInterceptor
.intercept(SecureActionInterceptor.java:114)
        at
com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionIn
vocation.java:190)
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.redback.xwork.interceptor.PolicyEnforcementInterc
eptor.intercept(PolicyEnforcementInterceptor.java:149)
        at
com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionIn
vocation.java:190)
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.redback.xwork.interceptor.AutoLoginInterceptor.in
tercept(AutoLoginInterceptor.java:156)
        at
com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionIn
vocation.java:190)
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.redback.xwork.interceptor.ForceAdminUserIntercept
or.intercept(ForceAdminUserInterceptor.java:76)
        at
com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionIn
vocation.java:190)
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.redback.xwork.interceptor.EnvironmentCheckInterce
ptor.intercept(EnvironmentCheckInterceptor.java:122)

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.