Posted to user-java@ibatis.apache.org by Warren Bell <wa...@gmail.com> on 2009/09/17 19:51:57 UTC

Caching Question

When I use caching, does the result object stay cached for a certain
period of time, so when I call the same sqlMap it returns me the cached
object instead of querying the db for it again? And can you point me to
a good guide of caching in iBatis?

Warren

RE: Caching Question

Posted by Vinaya Tirikkovalluru <vi...@converge.com>.
I think the Caching used by IBatis is on Database side.
So, when you retrieve the cache it gives the following log statement

2009-09-17 14:09:42,631 [,] INFO  [STDOUT] {conn-100108} Connection
2009-09-17 14:09:42,647 [,] INFO  [STDOUT] Cache CACHE_OBJECT. WGCache'
: retrieved  object

You find good explanation in Ibatis guide.

Vinaya

When I use caching, does the result object stay cached for a certain
period of time, so when I call the same sqlMap it returns me the cached
object instead of querying the db for it again? And can you point me to
a good guide of caching in iBatis?

Warren

This electronic message is intended only for the use of the individual(s) or entity(ies) named above and may contain information which is privileged and/or confidential.  If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution, dissemination or use of the contents of this message is prohibited.  If you received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately.