Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Raffaele Viola <ra...@gmail.com> on 2006/01/11 18:32:25 UTC

Use of HTTP Cookie Manager

Hi all,
I'm testing a web site that uses cookies to store session information.

The user manual says :

"If you have an HTTP Request and the response contains a cookie, the Cookie
Manager automatically stores that cookie and will use it for all future
requests to that particular web site."

I tried to insert a HTTP Cookie Manager in the thread group but it doesn't
seem to work correctly.

would you kindly send some examples of the right usage of this kind of
objects?

Thanks a lot

-Raffo

Re: Use of HTTP Cookie Manager

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 12/01/06, Raffaele Viola <ra...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The sampler result of the first request contain these line
> - - - - - - - - - - - - -
> Load time: 11312
> HTTP response code: 200
> HTTP response message: OK
> HTTP response headers:
> HTTP/1.1 200 OK
> Set-Cookie: JSESSIONID=D0B7764F6416A7FF390826128958FA5B; Path=/ArcorTC
> Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 10:57:19 GMT
> Server: Apache Coyote/1.0
> - - - - - - - - - -
>
> The second request must contain a parameter like
>
> JSESSIONID=D0B7764F6416A7FF390826128958FA5B
>
> but it doesn't happend

What were the URLs for the 2 requests?

Re: Use of HTTP Cookie Manager

Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 10:57:19 GMT
Server: Apache Coyote/1.0
- - - - - - - - - -

The second request must contain a parameter like

JSESSIONID=D0B7764F6416A7FF390826128958FA5B

but it doesn't happend

Hi!

-Raffo

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Raffaele Viola <ra...@gmail.com>.
Ok :-)

... delete "properly"

-Raffo

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Raffaele Viola <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Posted by Raffaele Viola <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi all

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Manish Joshi <to...@gmail.com>.
I use same config. as mentioned by Sebb. But how do i check if cokkie
manager is really working ? How did you know it is not working Raffel ? Is
it only by looking at failure pages in tree report ?

On 1/12/06, sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Sample Plan
>
> Test Plan
> + Cookie Manager
> + HTTP Sampler 1
> + HTTP Sampler 2
> + Listener
>

> On 11/01/06, Raffaele Viola <ra...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> > I'm testing a web site that uses cookies to store session information.
> >
> > The user manual says :
> >
> > "If you have an HTTP Request and the response contains a cookie, the
> Cookie
> > Manager automatically stores that cookie and will use it for all future
> > requests to that particular web site."
> >
> > I tried to insert a HTTP Cookie Manager in the thread group but it
> doesn't
> > seem to work correctly.
> >
> > would you kindly send some examples of the right usage of this kind of
> > objects?
> >
> > Thanks a lot
> >
> > -Raffo

Manish Joshi