Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Deep Blue <de...@hotmail.com> on 2007/10/01 09:15:12 UTC

How to shutdown ActiveMQ through ./shutdown script after securing JMX

Hi,

I'm using ActiveMQ 4.1.1 and it seems like ./shutdown script is using JMX to
shutdown ActiveMQ. After I secured ActiveMQ's JMX (by following
http://activemq.apache.org/jmx.html#JMX-PasswordProtectingtheJMXConnector),
I cannot use ./shutdown script anymore.

I tried to use ./shutdown --jmxurl
service:jmx:rmi:///jndi/rmi://localhost:1616/jmxrmi, but I got the following
error: "ERROR: java.lang.RuntimeException: Failed to execute stop task.
Reason: java.lang.SecurityException: Authentication failed! Credentials
required". Is there anyway I can pass in user id and password to the
./shutdown script?

Thanks!

Cheers,
Deep Blue

Re: How to shutdown ActiveMQ through ./shutdown script after securing JMX

Posted by Deep Blue <de...@hotmail.com>.
Hi,

I think current activemq-console module cannot authenticate JMX. Here is the
patch of the activemq-console that can login to JMX (just put
-Djmx.userid=xxxxx -Djmx.password in the shutdown script + put the jar file
attached below under %ACTIVEMQ_BASE% folder, NOT %ACTIVEMQ_BASE%/lib
folder).

This is a quick fix. If got any other suggestion, please advise. Thanks!

Cheers,
Deep Blue

Deep Blue wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm using ActiveMQ 4.1.1 and it seems like ./shutdown script is using JMX
> to shutdown ActiveMQ. After I secured ActiveMQ's JMX (by following
> http://activemq.apache.org/jmx.html#JMX-PasswordProtectingtheJMXConnector),
> I cannot use ./shutdown script anymore.
>
> I tried to use ./shutdown --jmxurl
> service:jmx:rmi:///jndi/rmi://localhost:1616/jmxrmi, but I got the
> following error: "ERROR: java.lang.RuntimeException: Failed to execute
> stop task. Reason: java.lang.SecurityException: Authentication failed!
> Credentials required". Is there anyway I can pass in user id and password
> to the ./shutdown script?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Cheers,
> Deep Blue