Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com> on 2012/03/10 20:10:18 UTC

next steps with the cms integration

Hervé,

I've been swamped. What's next?

--benson

Re: next steps with the cms integration

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.
On 2012-03-11 15:03, Benson Margulies wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 11, 2012 at 3:48 AM, Hervé BOUTEMY <he...@free.fr> wrote:
>> First the site content, editable with the CMS webui: to me, it's working and
>> complete. A few people managed content modification and publishing with
>> success.
>> Notice that Doxia site content has been added as a subsite: we did the minimal
>> integration, so the content can't be edited through the CMS web UI, but you
>> can edit content on svn and the CMS build then svnpubsub will follow.
>>

>> Second components versioned sites. We have a goosd starting point, but details
>> to decide.
>>
>> 1. asf-svnpubsub-plugin
>> It is working: there are few FIXMEs or TODOs I added that need your review,
>> since I'm not sure of the intent. And IMHO, the "asf-svnpubsub-plugin" could
>> be renamed to "maven-site-scm-publish-plugin" or something like it (and
>> perhaps later even merged into m-site-p as a special case of publishing where
>> a checkout needs to be done before pushing content)
>
> I'll focus here. I'm at your disposal in terms of 'merge to the site
> plugin.' If you think that's a good idea, please give me some starting
> notion of where to put it, and I'll set to work. Otherwise I'll rename
> and clean up. If we give it that name do we put it into the regular
> plugin tree at this point?

Please do not merge anything into the Site Plugin at this time. I'm
planning to do a release shortly.

>> 2. where in svn to publish content and determine versions?
>> I made 2 proposals:
>> - simple import of each release, without history between imports
>> - a real history in svn, always importing/updating at the same svn place
>> Then we have to write down precise mvn + svn instruction to do the publication
>> and decide whether it is ok for everyone to follow (doesn't need to do a full
>> site svn checkout, for instance)
>>
>> 3. initial import of the actual site content on people.a.o
>> src/content/resources/extpaths.txt contains an overall analysis of what has to
>> be imported and the few questions remaining
>> IMHO, we should do the whole imports while on maventest, then we'll copy
>> content to the final maven site svn.
>>

>> And of course we need real test of a release process, with a multi-module
>> project publishing a new release of something already published in previuous
>> versions
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Hervé
>>
>> Le samedi 10 mars 2012 14:10:18 Benson Margulies a écrit :
>>> Hervé,
>>>
>>> I've been swamped. What's next?
>>>
>>> --benson

Dennis Lundberg

Re: next steps with the cms integration

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Hervé BOUTEMY <he...@free.fr>.
after some help from infra, solutions have been found

please review the proposed procedure and comment.

If it seems ok, I'll try to import one plugin with its full history.

Regards,

Hervé

[1] http://maventest.apache.org/developers/release/maven-plugin-release.html

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 3:59 AM, Hervé BOUTEMY <he...@free.fr> wrote:
> Le lundi 12 mars 2012 19:31:38 Benson Margulies a écrit :
>> How do you think we should tell text and binary files? svn mime type
>> (probably not accessible). Suffix? Patterns in configuration?

> good question
> Java Activation Framework, hoping it contains every mime type we need?

No, but Apache Tika can do something for us here. It will just be
slower than comparing file names to suffix patterns.

Posted by Hervé BOUTEMY <he...@free.fr>.

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Hervé BOUTEMY <he...@free.fr>.

Posted by Hervé BOUTEMY <he...@free.fr>.