Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by as...@ncsu.edu on 2004/09/01 19:01:00 UTC

Re: Using the Proxy Server to record test scripts

Hello,

Thanks. You are right, I didn't knew that the HTTPProxyServer under the
workbench is a proxy server itself. I thought it connects to an already
running proxy server on a particular port. I am able to run it now.

Thanks,
Ashish

Posted by Michael Stover <ms...@apache.org>.
It's application wide, so I don't see it going on the proxy panel.
Also, it's a startup option, so really, the UI could only indicate if a
proxy server was being used, or not.

-Mike

Posted by joelsherriff <jo...@comcast.net>.

Posted by Michael Stover <ms...@apache.org>.
Hey now, that's just not true.  You can start JMeter with information
about a proxy server it should use:

jmeter -H proxyHost -P proxyPort

JMeter will send all http requests through the proxy, even ones from
it's own proxy.

-Mike

On Thu, 2004-09-02 at 09:49, joelsherriff wrote:
> I assume you know that you can tell the proxy server what port to listen on
> ("Port:", on the proxy server panel), and that you have to tell IE to go to
> that port, but if you're asking how to get the jmeter proxy to send requests
> through another proxy (your firewall) - You Can't.  In other words, the
> jmeter proxy must be the only proxy being used.  It wouldn't be too hard to
> modify the jmeter proxy server do this (tunnel to another proxy), but since
> the only reason to do this is for demonstration purposes (unless you're load
> testing your proxy!), I doubt anyone has a burning need for it.  Actually
> there is at least one other case where it might be useful - to capture
> behind a firewall and be able to play back inside or outside the firewall -
> but that's a pretty specific case and requires a lot of code.  We'd have to
> modify the proxy to tunnel to another proxy - that's pretty easy, don't even
> have to change the request, just open a connection to the proxy and send the
> the original request (after modifying one or two header entries, IIRC).  But
> getting the playback code to support going through a proxy would be quite a
> bit more work.

Créez votre Yahoo! Mail

Le nouveau Yahoo! Messenger est arrivé ! Découvrez toutes les nouveautés pour dialoguer instantanément avec vos amis.Téléchargez GRATUITEMENT ici !

Re: Using the Proxy Server to record test scripts

Posted by Abdelilah Manassi <ma...@gmx.net>.
Hi I have also this Problem :