Posted to dev@synapse.apache.org by Sanjesh Pathak <sa...@soapknox.com> on 2006/08/13 18:48:44 UTC

error running StockQuote in Tomcat

Hi,

I downloaded source code and built war file and installed it on Tomcat. I
can see the listServices page and I see a service named Synapse.

When I invoke the client (DumnStockQuoteClient) I am getting an error. I
used all the combinations of urls mentioned below. Has anyone successfully
invoked client under Tomcat?

Sanjesh

Hi David,

With a minor modification you can run all the samples, where Synapse is
deployed in Tomcat.

I may suggest following as a work around,

Since we are using SimpleHTTPServer, what we really need to worry about is
host and port.

But when we deployed Synapse in Tomcat, we need to consider the context root
as well.
i.e, you should point the request to http://localhost:8080/synapse/

Current web.xml  that comes with synapse.war has a mapping only to direct
http://localhost:8080/synapse/services/   to  Synapse Environment.

So you can run the samples if you point,
String turl = "http://localhost:8080/synapse/services/any

so using the goal "maven war" you can generate the synapse.war {currently
available in M1 release}. But when you running the sample please use the
above workaround.

But as a long term solution above is unacceptable. We'll fix it ASAP.

Thank you

Saminda

Re: error running StockQuote in Tomcat

Posted by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com>.
Good question! We haven't yet figured that out.
I'll start a separate thread. I think it should be within a month at most.

Paul

Posted by bvalentine1 <bj...@gmail.com>.

asankha wrote:

> It is supported for 1.1 release once its out. However we suggest that
> you still use the NIO http/s transports for message processing. Thus
> Synapse does not use the transport offered by its host servlet container
> - but simply uses a WAR based 'deployment' model.
>
> asankha
>
> bvalentine1 wrote:
>> Sorry, but its not entirely clear to me from the last response whether or
>> not
>> running synapse as a webapp in a j2ee server is a supported
>> configuration.
>> Please list the supported production ready configurations.
>>
>> Thanks
>>

>> asankha wrote:
>>

>>> Sanjesh
>>>
>>> Glad to hear that you got things to work. We will primarily distribute
>>> Synapse as a mar, and also a standalone version with a bundled Axis2.
>>> Though you can get a mar to be deployed on an Axis2 which is already
>>> deployed as a war, your J2EE app server may only allow http/s requests
>>> matching the application context you deploy into, to be intercepted by
>>> Synapse - unless you deploy Synapse/Axis2 in the root. This may also
>>> have limitations on us being able to use non-blocking IO etc in future
>>>
>>> Hence, for a Synapse deployment we suggest a standalone installation
>>> which will only perform high throughput message mediation.
>>>
>>> asankha
>>>
>>> Sanjesh Pathak wrote:

>>>   Hi Asanka,
>>>   &nbsp;
>>>   Thanks for
>>> the pointers. I had not noticed
>>> that real endpoint address in synapse.xml from the latest SVN was
>>> different
>>> from the M2 bundled version. I have changed it and it is working now.

Posted by "Asankha C. Perera" <as...@wso2.com>.

Posted by bvalentine1 <bj...@gmail.com>.