Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Taner Diler <ta...@riskturk.com> on 2004/05/27 08:40:40 UTC

vss2svn error

Hi,

I want to migrate project (ALM) from VSS to SVN. I try to make this over my computer.
VSS is in other machine. I use this command:

C:\>perl vss2svn.pl --vssproject $/ALM --svnrepo http://localhost/repository/alm
--login=tdu:12345

before execution of this command, I set SSDIR variable as //200.0.0.5/sourcesafe.

when I execute vss2svn command, an error is occured.

Uncaught exception from user code: Could not open user init file //200.0.0.5/sourcesafe/users/operable program or batch file./ss.ini at vss2svn.pl line 505
        Vss2Svn::VSS::_check_ss_inifile('Vss2Svn::VSS=HASH(0x1b87918)') called at vss2svn.pl line 891
        Vss2Svn::VSS::new('Vss2Svn::VSS','//200.0.0.5/sourcesafe','$/alm') called at vss2svn.pl line 505
        main::Initialize called at vss2svn.pl line 77

My ss.ini file is in //200.0.0.5/sourcesafe/users/tdu

Re: Died at vss2svn.pl line 181.

Posted by Toby Johnson <to...@etjohnson.us>.
Taner Diler wrote:

> Okey I did what you said. And I get this message.
>

> **** BUILDING VSS HISTORY ****
>
> ENTERING PROJECT $/ykb_vadesiz...
>
> Died at vss2svn.pl line 181.

Check _vss2svn/logfile.txt from where you ran the script.

Died at vss2svn.pl line 181.

    I want to migrate project (ALM) from VSS to SVN. I try to make this over my computer.
    VSS is in other machine. I use this command:

    C:\>perl vss2svn.pl --vssproject $/ALM --svnrepo http://localhost/repository/alm
    --login=tdu:12345

    before execution of this command, I set SSDIR variable as //200.0.0.5/sourcesafe.
  Usually, Perl doesn't care which way your slashes face, but when you're using a Microsoft UNC path (i.e. \\server\share) they have to be backslashes.

  Also, it looks like the ss.exe program is not in your PATH.

  toby

Re: vss2svn error

Posted by Toby Johnson <to...@etjohnson.us>.