Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> on 2005/02/21 12:30:22 UTC

Active PMCers and Committers?

Hi all,

I am about to propose a vote on the Antlib subproject proposal[1],
which hasn't received much attention.  Given that our bylaws state it
needs a 2/3 majority of all "active committers" to get accepted, I'm
more than a bit worried that it is going to fail if only because we'll
miss the quorum.

Should we clean up our roster, since there are certainly people
officially listed who are no longer active?  I'm CCing the PMC list
since I'm unsure whether all PMC members are paying attention to the
dev list ATM.

Stefan

Footnotes:
[1]  http://wiki.apache.org/ant/Proposals/AntLibSubProject

Re: Active PMCers and Committers?

Posted by Martijn Kruithof <jm...@kruithof.xs4all.nl>.
Steve Loughran wrote:

> Stefan Bodewig wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I am about to propose a vote on the Antlib subproject proposal[1],
>> which hasn't received much attention.  Given that our bylaws state it
>> needs a 2/3 majority of all "active committers" to get accepted, I'm
>> more than a bit worried that it is going to fail if only because we'll
>> miss the quorum.
>>
>> Should we clean up our roster, since there are certainly people
>> officially listed who are no longer active?  I'm CCing the PMC list
>> since I'm unsure whether all PMC members are paying attention to the
>> dev list ATM.
>

> active means: contributing code or to the mail list, right?
>
> I guess it may be time to do an update if only for rigourousness. I
> think I'm going to get thrown of Axis soon, not having written a line
> of code there for a while.
>
> -steve

I'd expect also active on bugzilla (which is in a way on the mail list)

Re: Active PMCers and Committers?

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@apache.org>.