Posted to dev@mesos.apache.org by Michael Cambria <vz...@gmail.com> on 2017/10/05 18:08:16 UTC

Chained CNI plugin support

Which version of mesos will support CNI Plugin Chaining?

Specifically, when will I have the ability to use my own custom
plugin(s) and/or CNI supplied tuning plugin(s) chained with CNI supplied
plugin such as bridge and host-local?

An example conflist added to /etc/cni/net.d/chain0.conflist is below.
The bridge and host-local and tuning plugins come from CNI plugins repo,
and "mychain" is something we supply.  This works with cnitool, need it
to work with mesos asap.

{
   "name": "chain0",
   "cniVersion": "0.3.1",
   "plugins": [
     {
       "type": "bridge",
       "bridge": "mynet",
       "ipMasq": true,
       "isGateway": true,
       "ipam": {
       "type": "host-local",
       "subnet": "10.10.10.0/24",
       "routes": [
           { "dst": "0.0.0.0/0"  }
       ]
       }
     },
     {
       "name": "mytuning",
       "type": "tuning",
       "sysctl": {
               "net.core.somaxconn": "500"
       }
     },
     {
        "type": "chain0",
        "Chain0_Flag": true,
        "Chain0_Arg": "Arg0"
     }
   ]
}

Re: Chained CNI plugin support

Posted by Avinash Sridharan <av...@mesosphere.io>.
Hi Michael,
 Deepak (cced) has volunteered to work on this. I am doubtful this will get
done in the 1.5 time frame. I am hoping we can make this happen in the 1.6
time frame.

-Avinash

--
Avinash Sridharan, Mesosphere