Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Chris Mccallum <he...@gmail.com> on 2014/02/15 05:45:56 UTC

enabling macros from excel

I'm trying to use a spreadsheet that was created (by someone else) in calc.
when i open it, i get an error message saying,

"Execution of macros is disabled due to the current macro setting in
Tools-Options-Open Office-Security"

I feel pretty dumb, but I just don't see an "Options" under the Tools menu

I tried changing it in the Load/Save section under the Open Office
preferences. I checked "Executable Code" but this didn't change anything

Can someone tell me what I'm missing here?

thanks
jill

Re: enabling macros from excel

Posted by Chris Mccallum <he...@gmail.com>.
Sorry I forgot to mention that I'm using a Mac. I thought I did say in the
first email though that I changed the settings under the Preferences menu.(
I only found this under the OpenOffice menu) I think I wasn't clear before
though.

I checked "executable code" in the VBA properties.

BUT nothing changed. Do I need to download the document a second time now
that I've changed this?

Posted by johnny smith <ka...@krovatka.su>.