Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Issac Goldstand <is...@volo-net.com> on 2012/08/24 21:29:00 UTC

Minor windows binary branding issue

I just installed AOO for a friend and noticed that the start menu
created was still "OpenOffice.org".  Whomever hacks on the windows
installer might want to quick fix it.

  Issac

Re: Minor windows binary branding issue

Posted by "Marcus (OOo)" <ma...@wtnet.de>.
Am 08/24/2012 09:29 PM, schrieb Issac Goldstand:
> I just installed AOO for a friend and noticed that the start menu
> created was still "OpenOffice.org".  Whomever hacks on the windows
> installer might want to quick fix it.

Thats known and - at least a little bit - wanted.

In order to release the version in time and not to post-pone it for
weeks we had 2 options:

1) Fix all bugs which are there or reported by users.

2) Fix the severe once only.

Of course, a wrong string in a menu - even when it touches the brand -
is not that severe than crashes, data loss, etc.

We will what you have posted here and similar bugs step by step, so that
the next version should look like much more like an own software
compared with 3.4.0 and 3.4.1.

I hope you can understand this position.

Marcus