Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by David Blevins <da...@gmail.com> on 2019/08/13 04:33:28 UTC

TOMEE-2618 Reconcile javax.activation dependencies

With the latest Java 11 changes we have two copies and versions of the javax.activation specification in our dist.

 - geronimo-activation_1.1_spec (via javaee-api-8.0)
 - jakarta.activation-1.2.1.jar

The Jakarta EE 8 version of Activation should be 1.2.  There is no Geronimo Activation 1.2 available.

David Blevins
http://twitter.com/dblevins
http://www.tomitribe.com

Re: TOMEE-2618 Reconcile javax.activation dependencies

Posted by Jean-Louis Monteiro <jl...@tomitribe.com>.
I'll check out the APIs and see where we can use Geronimo.
There should be Geronimo spec jars for everything. If not, it means we
should create them or update the ones we have
--
Jean-Louis Monteiro
http://twitter.com/jlouismonteiro

Posted by David Blevins <da...@gmail.com>.
Gentle note to everyone on EPL, Tomcat has had EPL dependencies since version 7.x.

I'll add some details on the "Java EE 8 versions of APIs" thread.

--
David Blevins
http://twitter.com/dblevins

Posted by Alex The Rocker <al...@gmail.com>.