Posted to derby-user@db.apache.org by Fernando Freitas <na...@gmail.com> on 2009/03/18 21:28:17 UTC

about instance creation

Hello,

   I have a doubt about  the Derby configuration...

1) How could I use some file xml or another configuration file configure the
database, like to choose the place that I will create my Database's
instance.

Thanks and Best Regards
Fernando

Re: about instance creation

Posted by "Dag H. Wanvik" <Da...@Sun.COM>.
Fernando Freitas <na...@gmail.com> writes:

> Hello,
>
>    I have a doubt about  the Derby configuration...
>
> 1) How could I use some file xml or another configuration file configure the
> database, like to choose the place that I will create my Database's
> instance.

Dery has the concept of a system directory, which is controlled by the Java
property derby.system.home (defaults to the current directory when the
JVM is started), cf.

http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/10.4/devguide/cdevdvlp13018.html

The file derby.properties located in the system directory can be used
to specify further properties, cf.

http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/10.4/tuning/ctunsetprop13074.html

Dag