Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by asif_zzz <aa...@hotmail.com> on 2008/04/18 10:58:12 UTC

Validation Error problem in Cforms when using ajax

hi..,
I need to use tab styling with groups since there are so many widgets on the
form.
Im using ajax in form(CForm). The issue is that when the user submits the
form, validation error
is not occuring in tab but it showing validation error near the fields.

And i've another problem with upload widget when using ajax,
first i tried without ajax is working perfectly but when when i implement
ajax,it not working..
it shows error NO RESPONSE FOUND

Anyone help me overcome this problem..
Thanx in advance.

regards,
asif

Re: Validation Error problem in Cforms when using ajax

Posted by Kamal Bhatt <kb...@tt.com.au>.
I haven't looked into it, but isn't this sample using Ajax?

http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/demos/trunk/samples/forms/uploadprogress

Victoria Skalrud wrote:

> Dev at weitling wrote:
>
>> Hi Asif,
>>
>> asif_zzz wrote:
>>
>>> And i've another problem with upload widget when using ajax, first i
>>> tried without ajax is working perfectly but when when i implement
>>> ajax,it not working..
>>> it shows error NO RESPONSE FOUND
>>>

>> I don't have a link now, but afaik Ajax and file upload are mutually
>> exclusive. Imagine an Ajax call on every key press and it's uploading
>> a file every time...
>> Perhaps it helps to move file upload to a different form.
>

> Hi,
>
> Some light googling reveals this solution:
>
> http://www.webtoolkit.info/ajax-file-upload.html
>
> I have not tested this yet, but since we are looking to implement file
> uploads with ajax forms very shortly, I will be very eager to hear if
> this addresses the problem.
>
> Vica
>

>> Bye,
>> Florian

Kamal Bhatt

Re: Validation Error problem in Cforms when using ajax

Posted by Victoria Skalrud <vi...@tt.com.au>.

Posted by Dev at weitling <de...@weitling.net>.
Hi Asif,