Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Juan Medín Piñeiro <ju...@gmail.com> on 2005/10/24 16:28:10 UTC

How to use t:saveState ?

Hi,

    I've been trying to use t:saveState without success. As far as I
can read in the wiki and in the examples, you just need to include a
<t:saveState value="xxx"/> in the JSP and the information will travel
to the client and back in the next request.

    So I created 3 pages, test1, test2 and test3, each with a
<t:saveState value="aRequestScopedObject"/>. In the backing bean I do
something like:

aRequestScopedObject = (ARequestScopedObject) getFacesContext()
    .getApplication()
    .createValueBinding("#{aRequestScopedObject}")
    .getValue(getFacesContext());

    And then I set several properties on it.

    Well, when I reach the test2 page _all changes_ are lost. Reading
the generated HTML I don't see anything at all related to the
saveState info in the form (!?)

    Am I missing anything ?

    Any comment would be really welcome. It seems to be very simple to
use, the only "strange" thing is that I'm using the Sun RI + Tomahawk.

    Thanks in advance,

        - Juancho

Re: How to use t:saveState ?

Posted by Juan Medín Piñeiro <ju...@gmail.com>.