Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Lorenzo Jiménez <lj...@nacion.co.cr> on 2006/08/23 19:31:54 UTC

How to change jdk in Tomcat 5.0.x

Hi,

We have a tomcat 5.0.28 running on jdk 1.4.2_08 in linux and we want to upgrade to jdk 1.5.0.x but do not know to do it.

¿Does any one knows how or knows a webpage that explains it?

Thanks very appreciated.

Regards,

Lorenzo Jimenez

Si usted no es el destinatario indicado en este mensaje o responsable como persona de la entrega del mensaje, no debe copiar o reenviar este mensaje, por favor notifique al correo infosegura@nacion.com.  Para más referencia sobre términos importantes relacionados a este correo visite http://www.nacion.com/disclaimer/index_es2.htm

If you are not the addressee indicated in this message (or responsible for delivery of the message to such person), you may not copy or send this message to anyone, please notify to infosegura@nacion.com.  Click on the following link for important additional terms relating to this e-mail http://www.nacion.com/disclaimer/index_en2.htm

Re: How to change jdk in Tomcat 5.0.x

Posted by Andrés González <an...@publicinet.net>.
> We have a tomcat 5.0.28 running on jdk 1.4.2_08 in linux and we want to upgrade to jdk 1.5.0.x but do not know to do it.
>
> ¿Does any one knows how or knows a webpage that explains it?
Check your tomcat startup script and look for the JAVA_HOME variable. In
my case:

tomcat5.sh:

#!/bin/sh
#
#   Copyright 2004 The Apache Software Foundation.
#
#   Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License");
#   you may not use this file except in compliance with the License.
#   You may obtain a copy of the License at
#
#       http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0
#
#   Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software
#   distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS,
#   WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or
implied.
#   See the License for the specific language governing permissions and
#   limitations under the License.
#
# Small shell script to show how to start/stop Tomcat using jsvc
# If you want to have Tomcat running on port 80 please modify the
server.xml
# file:
#
#    <!-- Define a non-SSL HTTP/1.1 Connector on port 80 -->
#    <Connector
className="org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HttpConnector"
#               port="80" minProcessors="5" maxProcessors="75"
#               enableLookups="true" redirectPort="8443"
#               acceptCount="10" debug="0" connectionTimeout="60000"/>
#
# That is for Tomcat-5.0.x (Apache Tomcat/5.0)
#
# Comments to support chkconfig on RedHat Linux
# chkconfig: 345 90 20
5.
#
# Adapt the following lines to your configuration
JAVA_HOME=/usr/local/java5
CATALINA_HOME=/usr/local/tomcat5s
DAEMON_HOME=/usr/local/tomcat5s/bin
PID_FILE=/var/run/jsvc-tomcat5s.pid
(...)

Just update that variable to the location of your jdk 5.0 and your done.

Cheers

--
Andrés González - Programación y sistemas
Publicinet (Publicidad-Cine-Internet, S.L.)