Posted to dev@jmeter.apache.org by Milamber <mi...@apache.org> on 2016/04/16 18:51:08 UTC

[VOTE] Release JMeter 3.0 RC1

Hello,

The first release candidate for JMeter 3.0 (r1739470) has been prepared,
and your votes are solicited.

This release brings a lot of new features (over 100) and fixes many bugs
(60).

If you can, some tests of this release candidate (load tests and/or
functional tests) with Java 7/8 on Linux/Windows/Mac OS on changes are
welcome.

You can read the New and Noteworthy section with some screenshots to
illustrate improvements and full list of changes at:
https://home.apache.org/~milamber/jmeter-3.0RC1/docs/changes.html

JMeter is a Java desktop application designed to load test functional
behavior and measure performance. The current version is targeted at
Java 7+.

Archives/hashes/sigs:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/jmeter/v3.0_RC1/

RAT report:

https://home.apache.org/~milamber/jmeter-3.0RC1/dist/rat-report-jmeter-3.0RC1.txt

MD5 hashes of archives for this vote:

cd23c5d423192f91dfe5e1b95ac30629 *apache-jmeter-3.0.tgz
7cc823270ee96b012db37e27c72b6d92 *apache-jmeter-3.0.zip
03969432ca75a8ba1429951eedd4df38 *apache-jmeter-3.0_src.zip
0b14feb8c68e170977d4eec874477d26 *apache-jmeter-3.0_src.tgz

Site Docs are here:
https://home.apache.org/~milamber/jmeter-3.0RC1/docs/

Maven staging repository is accessible here:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachejmeter-1006/org/apache/jmeter/

Tag:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jmeter/tags/v3_0_RC1/

Keys are here:
https://www.apache.org/dist/jmeter/KEYS

N.B.
To download the dependencies: "ant download_jars"

To create the jars and test JMeter: "ant package test".

JMeter 3.0 requires Java 7 or later to run.

Some known issues and incompatible changes are listed on changes page.
https://home.apache.org/~milamber/jmeter-3.0RC1/docs/changes.html

All feedback and vote are welcome.

[  ] +1  I support this release
[  ] +0  I am OK with this release
[  ] -0   OK, but....
[  ] -1   I do not support this release (please indicate why)

The vote will remain open for at least 72 hours.

The PMC members please indicate the mention "(binding)" with your vote.

Note: If the vote passes, the intention is to release the archive files
and rename the RC tag as the release tag.

Thanks in advance!

Milamber

Re: [VOTE] Release JMeter 3.0 RC1

Posted by NaveenKumar Namachivayam <ca...@gmail.com>.
+1

--
Thank you,

Regards,
NaveenKumar N
Visit www.QAInsights.com and www.Testifications.com and www.MyTechCube.com

Re: [CANCELLED] Re: [VOTE] Release JMeter 3.0 RC1

Posted by Milamber <mi...@apache.org>.

On 17/04/2016 12:38, Philippe Mouawad wrote:
> Hi Milamber,
> I tested with a png it works.
> So I commited the change to jmeter.sh and added the image in xdocs/images.
>
> Do I need to also commit it in docs ?

Not needed, I will update the docs directory when I will create the RC2.

Posted by Philippe Mouawad <ph...@gmail.com>.
Hi Milamber,

--
Cordialement.
Philippe Mouawad.

Re: [CANCELLED] Re: [VOTE] Release JMeter 3.0 RC1

Posted by Milamber <mi...@apache.org>.

Posted by Felix Schumacher <fe...@internetallee.de>.

Posted by Milamber <mi...@apache.org>.
I will start the RC2 now.

Philippe, the properties reference could be updated after the release.

Posted by Milamber <mi...@apache.org>.
Hello,

Posted by Milamber <mi...@apache.org>.

On 17/04/2016 08:42, Philippe Mouawad wrote:
> For information,
> I am in the process of creating properties reference doc.
> It is similar to component reference.

Why this document if it's already exists in component reference ? to
simplify and have in one document the properties reference?
What is the kind of this document? a xml->html doc or Word/OpenOffice doc?

> As I generated it from jmeter.properties , it needs some fixing.
> I started yesterday but i'm at 60% of completing it.
> Do you want me to commit it so that we can work together on finishing it or
> do we wait for release ?

I don't know, I'm not sure if we can finish them before the RC2. Can you
share this doc (using home.apache.org or another way) to view the todo work?

Posted by Philippe Mouawad <ph...@gmail.com>.
For information,

--
Cordialement.
Philippe Mouawad.

Re: [VOTE] Release JMeter 3.0 RC1

Posted by Milamber <mi...@apache.org>.

On 17/04/2016 08:39, Philippe Mouawad wrote:
> Hi Bruno,
> My answers below.
> Regards
>
> On Sunday, April 17, 2016, Milamber <mi...@apache.org> wrote:
>

>> On 16/04/2016 23:26, Philippe Mouawad wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> Thanks for release and documentation !
>>>
>>> Few issues I noticed:
>>>
>>>      - Minor but not great for image : On Mac OSX, jmeter.sh references
>>>      "logo.jpg" which does not exist anymore in docs/images/logo.jpg , so
>>> no
>>>      icon is visible in Dock, just the Java Cofee:
>>>         - L52 :    JMETER_OPTS="-Xdock:name=JMeter -Xdock:icon="`dirname
>>>         $0`/../docs/images/logo.jpg" -Dapple.laf.useScreenMenuBar=true
>>>         -Dapple.eawt.quitStrategy=CLOSE_ALL_WINDOWS"
>>>
>> What's the best fix? restore logo.jpg (logo.png) or change at L52 the
>> "logo.jpg" to "logo.svg"? that's works with a svg in a Mac?
> svg did not work in my test.
> Jpg did.
> I did not test png

Can you test with the new jmeter.png add by me today (in
src/org/apache/jmeter/images) ?

Posted by Philippe Mouawad <ph...@gmail.com>.
Hi Bruno,

--
Cordialement.
Philippe Mouawad.

Re: [VOTE] Release JMeter 3.0 RC1

Posted by Milamber <mi...@apache.org>.

On 16/04/2016 23:26, Philippe Mouawad wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Thanks for release and documentation !
>
> Few issues I noticed:
>
>     - Minor but not great for image : On Mac OSX, jmeter.sh references
>     "logo.jpg" which does not exist anymore in docs/images/logo.jpg , so no
>     icon is visible in Dock, just the Java Cofee:
>        - L52 :    JMETER_OPTS="-Xdock:name=JMeter -Xdock:icon="`dirname
>        $0`/../docs/images/logo.jpg" -Dapple.laf.useScreenMenuBar=true
>        -Dapple.eawt.quitStrategy=CLOSE_ALL_WINDOWS"

What's the best fix? restore logo.jpg (logo.png) or change at L52 the
"logo.jpg" to "logo.svg"? that's works with a svg in a Mac?

>        - Minor but not great for image  : Menu Help >  About Apache JMeter
>     shows the old logo

Fixed.

Posted by Philippe Mouawad <ph...@gmail.com>.
Hello,