Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Adrian Sutton <Ad...@Ephox.com> on 2003/07/30 00:49:17 UTC

RE: [HttpClient) Simple vs. MultiThreadedHttpConnectionManager wi thin a servlet

Hi Gael,
Sorry your original message got left on my back-burner, I try to keep up
with the few HttpClient questions that appear on this list but I've been
doing badly lately.

The multiple HttpClient's/one manager will work, but you should be able to
have a single HttpClient, single connection manager and just an independant
HttpState instance for each session. All the cookies and other persistent
information is stored in the HttpState and it uses significantly less memory
than a full HttpClient.  We added executeMethod(HttpMethod, HttpState) style
methods to HttpClient just for this purpose.

You may also want to pop over to the HttpClient-dev list and ask for
opinions on the best way to achieve that there as I know there are a few
people using HttpClient as a proxy style server there.  It also sounds like
a doc I should add to the website so it would be good to gather opinions.

Regards,

Adrian Sutton, Software Engineer
Ephox Corporation
www.ephox.com

Posted by Gael Marziou <ga...@.free.fr>.
Thanks a lot Adrian for these useful suggestions.

Gael