Posted to dev@chemistry.apache.org by "Lucas, Mike" <Mi...@gwl.ca> on 2015/12/04 06:21:15 UTC

opencmis java - logging CMIS services requests and responses

Hi,
I am using opencmis java client and wondering if there is a way to "turn on" logging of the web services request and responses. I am using the AtomPub binding.

When developing locally I fulfilled this need quite easily using Fiddler proxy, but now would like a way to do so for code running on an integration server.

Thanks!
michael lucas  |  Senior Software Developer  |  Great-West Life

Re: opencmis java - logging CMIS services requests and responses

Posted by Paul Santa Maria <pa...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
I agree - Fiddler works great for "debugging" CMIS:
  * Download Fiddler Web Debugging Tool for Free by Telerik

|   |
|   |  |   |   |   |   |   |
| Download Fiddler Web Debugging Tool for Free by TelerikDownload and install Fiddler for free. Watch a quick Get started video. |
|  |
| View on www.telerik.com | Preview by Yahoo |
|  |
|   |

I run Fiddler on the same machine as my CMIS client, so I don't even need to set up a proxy. I just click "run" and observe the HTTP traffic.
I haven't tried it with CMIS yet, but SoapUI would probably also work:
  * SoapUI | Functional Testing for SOAP and REST APIs

|   |
|   |  |   |   |   |   |   |
| SoapUI | Functional Testing for SOAP and REST APIsSoapUI, is the world leading Open Source Functional Testing tool for API Testing. It supports multiple protocols such as SOAP, REST, HTTP, JMS, AMF and JDBC. It ... |
|  |
| View on www.soapui.org | Preview by Yahoo |
|  |
|   |

Posted by "Lucas, Mike" <Mi...@gwl.ca>.
Thanks Florian. I actually already that DefaultHttpInvoker set to DEBUG so was already logging the URLs & headers.

Good tip on using Fiddler as a remote proxy ... I'll keep that up my sleeve!

Mike

Posted by Florian Müller <fm...@apache.org>.
Hi Mike,