Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Jan Velecký <VV...@seznam.cz> on 2015/09/02 23:11:23 UTC

Embedding Android activity into WebView, is it possible?

Hello
is it possible embedding Android native view inside webview? Actually we are
able to embed webview inside native view, but we are not able to do inverse
thing. Is there some way to do plugin, that we could instance in <object>/<
embed> tag inside webview?
It would be great if we can do so – imagine that possibilities: we could
have integrated native PDF reader inside HTML page, or native Maps view and
also ad banners flowing in content.

And if we cannot do that in Android browser, can we with Crosswalk?

Velda

Re: Embedding Android activity into WebView, is it possible?

Posted by Jesse <pu...@gmail.com>.
It is possible, like all things, but considered not worth the effort.
Doing this would require reverse-engineering the webview, and becoming
completely tied to it's current implementation.  and Android could break it
at anytime, since there are no published apis.
If you would like to experiment, and go and do this, please do, we would
love to hear how it went. Otherwise, please accept the answers you have
been given and move on.

Cheers,
  Jesse

My team is hiring!