Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Isart Montane <is...@gmail.com> on 2007/11/09 00:39:06 UTC

2Gb process on 32 bits

Hi all,

i'm experiencing some trouble when i'm trying to lauch solr with more
than 1.6GB. My server is a FC5 with 8GB RAM but when I start solr like this

java -Xmx2000m -jar start.jar

i get the following errors:

I've tried to start a virtual machine like this

java -Xmx2000m -version

but i get the same errors.

I've read there's a kernel limitation for a 32 bits architecture of 2Gb
per process, and i just wanna know if anybody knows an alternative to
get a new 64bits server.

Thanks
Isart

Re: 2Gb process on 32 bits

Posted by James liu <li...@gmail.com>.
if u use tomcat,,,it default port: 8080 and other default port.

so u just use other tomcat which use 8181 and other port...(i remember u
should modify three port(one tomcat) )

I used to have four tomcat in One SERVER.

--
regards
jl