Posted to dev@carbondata.apache.org by Kunal Kapoor <ku...@gmail.com> on 2020/10/04 15:48:12 UTC

[VOTE] Apache CarbonData 2.1.0(RC1) release

Hi All,

I submit the Apache CarbonData 2.1.0(RC1) for your vote.

*1.Release Notes:*
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?version=12347868&styleName=&projectId=12320220&Create=Create&atl_token=A5KQ-2QAV-T4JA-FDED_e759c117bdddcf70c718e535d9f3cea7e882dda3_lout

*Some key features and improvements in this release:*

   - Support Float and Decimal in the Merge Flow
   - Implement delete and update feature in carbondata SDK.
   - Support array<string> with SI
   - Support IndexServer with Presto Engine
   - Insert from stage command support partition table.
   - Implementing a new Reindex command to repair the missing SI Segments
   - Support Change Column Comment

 *2. The tag to be voted upon* : apache-carbondata-2.1.0-rc1
<https://github.com/apache/carbondata/tree/apache-carbondata-2.1.0-rc1>

Commit: acef2998bcdd10204cdabf0dcdb123bbd264f48d
<https://github.com/apache/carbondata/commit/acef2998bcdd10204cdabf0dcdb123bbd264f48d>

*3. The artifacts to be voted on are located here:*
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/carbondata/2.1.0-rc1/

*4. A staged Maven repository is available for review at:*
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecarbondata-1064

Please vote on releasing this package as Apache CarbonData 2.1.0,
The vote will be open for the next 72 hours and passes if a majority of at
least three +1 PMC votes are cast.

[ ] +1 Release this package as Apache CarbonData 2.1.0

[ ] 0 I don't feel strongly about it, but I'm okay with the release

Kunal Kapoor

Re: [VOTE] Apache CarbonData 2.1.0(RC1) release

Posted by Ajantha Bhat <aj...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
Thanks for preparing the release.

*-1 from my side for this release package.*

reason is
a. Many PR's are yet to be merged [Example, Presto write PR #3875, #3916,
code cleanup #3950, other PR like #3934]
b. Please go through the key features again. Can add, SI global sort
support, presto complex type read support also
c. Many user-reported bugs are not fixed, need to fix it. it is reported in
the previous version like CARBONDATA-3905, CARBONDATA-3904, CARBONDATA-3954.
d. CI has random failures, need to fix it before the release.

Thanks,
Ajantha

Posted by Liang Chen <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hi

-1 from my side,  there are some open PRs need to be considered.

Regards
Liang

kunalkapoor wrote