Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Andy Davidson <An...@SantaCruzIntegration.com> on 2016/02/01 20:46:22 UTC

How to build interactive dash boards with spark?

Over the weekend I started playing around with Shinny. I built a very simple
Shinny App using R Studio. Shinny makes it easy to build a web page that
interact with R.

https://aedwip.shinyapps.io/developingDataProducts_CourseProject/

http://shiny.rstudio.com/
https://www.shinyapps.io/

Two years ago I build an streaming spark app that pushed caused an iPython
notebook, MatPlotLib graph to update. It was pretty easy. I am sure the
notebook infra struct has improved a lot. The changes with the work I did in
the past was there was not way for the user to interact with the data. E.G.
Image they wanted to graph data between two values. Also It was written like
a notebook/research paper not a commercial application.

What are other people doing?

Andy