Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Aladin Alaily <st...@aladin.ca> on 2005/11/25 14:34:59 UTC

SSL switching: why isn't it part of struts?

Hello,

Does anyone have any idea as to why SSL protocol switching isn't part of
struts?

After having configured the main web server to support SSL, isn't
switching as simple as adding an "s" to http?

Are there any considerations (for exclusion) that I am missing here?

Thanks
Aladin

Re: SSL switching: why isn't it part of struts?

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On 11/25/05, Aladin Alaily <st...@aladin.ca> wrote:

> After having configured the main web server to support SSL, isn't
> switching as simple as adding an "s" to http?
>
> Are there any considerations (for exclusion) that I am missing here?

This isn't something I use, but we have a FAQ page on SSL and there is
a SSL Extension:

http://struts.apache.org/struts-doc-1.2.x/faqs/ssl.html
http://sslext.sourceforge.net/

HTH,
--
Wendy

Re: SSL switching: why isn't it part of struts?

Posted by Danny Lee <ha...@yahoo.de>.
Please start new thread (as new message), without making replay on some
other thread not relative to your topic.

Then I'll answer.

Cheers,

Danny