Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by "KARR, DAVID" <dk...@att.com> on 2017/11/07 21:54:47 UTC

Need help resolving karaf 3.x dependency errors again

A month or so ago, I did some work on an app that runs in Karaf 3.x.  It took me quite a while to figure out several dependency resolution issues, but I was able to get it working.  I've since had my laptop reimaged, and now I have to do some more work in that app.  The reimaging "restored" my data, but I'm finding some things didn't copy over exactly right.  My current problem could be related to that, or it may be something else that I'm forgetting.

When I try to install my service, it installs a bunch of dependencies, and then fails with this:

----------------
Error executing command: Can't install feature onemap-service/0.0.0:
Could not start bundle mvn:org.springframework/org.springframework.web/3.2.4.RELEASE in feature(s) common-spring-jdbc-1.1.0-SNAPSHOT: Unresolved constraint in bundle org.springframework.web [71]: Unable to resolve 71.0: missing requirement [71.0] osgi.wiring.package; (&(osgi.wiring.package=org.springframework.aop.framework)(version>=3.2.4.RELEASE)(version<=3.2.4.RELEASE))
----------------

Very little is changed in the code since I last worked on it (no changes to dependencies), so I don't know why this might be happening now.

This is the definition of the "common-spring-jdbc" feature:
---------------
    <feature name='common-spring-jdbc' version='1.1.0-SNAPSHOT' resolver='(obr)'>
        <bundle>mvn:org.springframework/org.springframework.web/3.2.4.RELEASE</bundle>
        <bundle>mvn:org.springframework/org.springframework.jdbc/3.2.4.RELEASE</bundle>
        <bundle>mvn:org.springframework.ws/spring-xml/2.1.4.RELEASE</bundle>
    </feature>
---------------

I tried doing "bundle:tree-show org.springframework.web".  This printed a bunch of "import" lines, including the following one:
------------
- import org.springframework.aop.framework;version="[3.2.4.RELEASE, 3.2.4.RELEASE]": WARNING - unable to find matching export
------------

At the end of this output, it printed the tree of dependencies of org.springframework.web, but the tree did not include org.springframework.aop.framework.

What are some possible resolutions to this?

RE: Need help resolving karaf 3.x dependency errors again

Posted by "KARR, DAVID" <dk...@att.com>.

I guess I should have elaborated more on my goals for this.  Obviously, it's missing the spring-aop feature, so the fix is to install it.  The thing is, this code is already running in production.  My problem is not that the code is wrong, but that my development environment is misconfigured.

In retrospect, it's probably a dumb question, but I'm just looking for tools or techniques I can use to debug why things like this happen in a codebase.  I'm discovering that there are some undocumented dependencies between other applications that run in the same container, so I'm finding I have to figure out what other applications I have to checkout and build, one of which likely has a feature mapping for this artifact.

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi,

Can you try to install the spring-aop feature provided by Karaf ?

Regards
JB

http://blog.nanthrax.net
Talend - http://www.talend.com