Posted to dev@jena.apache.org by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org> on 2015/05/01 15:37:37 UTC

jena-permissions POM and plugin

Claude,

1/ The jena-permissions POM has items that override jena-parent, and the
apache parent which as repositories.  Also, jena-parent does the version
management for plugins.  Presumably this is just hangover from initial
development?

2/ When I put this into Eclipse, I get a dialog box about the license of
a plugin - presumably build-helper-maven-plugin.

Eclispe seemed to say it was EPL (version?) but their website suggests MIT.

Could you take a look at that please?  Both those license need an
acknowledgement and EPl is "weak copyleft".  Because they aren't include
directly, a DEPENDENCIES file is enough, not NOTICE.

	Andy

http://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html#category-b

Re: jena-permissions POM and plugin

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.
That's my understanding as well for category-a licenses.

In DEPENDENCIES is nice but nothing in NOTICE is needed.

Seems that Eclipse going on about EPL was not accurate.

	Andy

Posted by Stian Soiland-Reyes <st...@apache.org>.

Posted by Claude Warren <cl...@xenei.com>.

Posted by Claude Warren <cl...@xenei.com>.
Andy,

I have added you to the cc list as I am so tardy in replying.

I am checking the license and I can only find the MIT reference (which is,
from my reading, category-a).  I will be checking directly with the dev
team to find out what license they are currently under.  How did you get
Eclipse to tell you the license type for the plugin?  I would like to be
able to point the dev team to the other license info so they can remove it
in future.

I will add Codehaus information to the Notice file.  In looking through the
NOTICE files and found that all had text like "This product includes
software developed by...".  that does not seem to be the proper phrasing
for use of a plugin during packaging phase.  I will add that to start with
and reference the MIT license as that is the one most readily human
accessible.

As for the repositories and  version numbers, yes hold over and will be
removed.