Posted to dev@lucenenet.apache.org by Alexey Shcherbachev <al...@renaissance-it.ru> on 2011/12/22 18:53:50 UTC

[Lucene.Net] Lucene.Net Faceting Library (port of BoboBrowse)

Hi,

Some time ago I ported the amazing Bobo Browse library (
http://javasoze.github.com/bobo/ ) from Java to .Net.
We've been using the port since that time, and it works well so far.
Right now it is published here http://bobo.codeplex.com/ (binaries are a
bit outdated, so better check source code directly).
Initially Bobo was licensed under LGPL license, so we had to keep our port
as LGPL too.
But recently they changed the license to Apache 2.0, so our version is
under Apache2.0 license too now.

I think such faceting library could be useful for many Lucene.Net
developers.
Would it make sense to add it to the contrib folder so more people can use
it?

I know the Java version has now the built-in faceting module (
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-3079 ) .
But this version could be used with 2.9.2 and probably with 2.9.4 (not
tested yet) right now.

Kind Regards,
Alexey Shcherbachev

Re: [Lucene.Net] Lucene.Net Faceting Library (port of BoboBrowse)

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On 2011-12-22, michael herndon wrote:

> I'm not familiar enough with the licenses or procedures for incorporating
> another project outside the ASF to speak on that. Others might have input
> on that.

<http://incubator.apache.org/ip-clearance/index.html>

If you decide you want to incorporate any external source base I can
expand on that.

Stefan

Re: [Lucene.Net] Lucene.Net Faceting Library (port of BoboBrowse)

Posted by Alexey Shcherbachev <al...@renaissance-it.ru>.
Hi Michael,

Thank you for a great idea to create a nuget package & prepare other
things. I'll do that)

Kind Regards,
Alexey Shcherbachev

Posted by michael herndon <mh...@wickedsoftware.net>.