Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Brennon Church <br...@getjar.com> on 2013/03/18 15:52:07 UTC

namenode directory failure question

Hello all,

We have our dfs.name.dir configured to write to two local and one NFS
directories.  The NFS server in question had to be restarted a couple
days back and that copy of the namenode data fell behind as a result.
As I understand it, restarting hadoop will take the most recent copy of
the namenode data, in this case one of the two local copies, and write
that to all three locations going forward.  So that solves the problem.

My question is this, is there a way to get the NFS copy of the data back
in sync without having to shut down and restart the namenode? I'd prefer
to not take an outage if I can help it.

Thanks.

--Brennon

Re: namenode directory failure question

Posted by Bertrand Dechoux <de...@gmail.com>.
You may want to check this JIRA:

It won't help you right know but it could allow you next time to avoid
restarting.

Regards

Bertrand

Posted by Bertrand Dechoux <de...@gmail.com>.