Posted to user@oozie.apache.org by Mattie <wh...@gmail.com> on 2014/05/02 19:45:17 UTC

Switch case not working

Hi,

I am working through the Earthquake example (
https://blog.cloudera.com/blog/2013/03/how-to-use-oozie-shell-and-java-actions/)
 I changed the earthquakeMinThreshold=1, so that isLarger=true and the
Decide node will go to the get-data node.  I checked the output of the
shell script locally.  It returns:  largest=1.9 isLarger=true, as it
should.

The problem: when I run the workflow the decide node goes to end, as if
isLarger=False.  Is there something I am missing?  Does this workflow need
to be updated?

I am having the same issue with my own workflow that is similar, it ONLY
defaults as if stderr isn't being captured.  Does anyone know how I can
debug this, how I can see what is being send between nodes in the workflow?

The only special thing I'm doing is running on a pseudo distributed VM
(with 4GBS) on my laptop which has Mavericks installed so it is harder to
understand how memory is being allocated.  Would this cause any issue?

Thank you!
Mattie

Re: Switch case not working

Posted by Robert Kanter <rk...@cloudera.com>.
The discussion to this is going on in the CDH user list:
https://groups.google.com/a/cloudera.org/d/topic/cdh-user/svBDxDhGSBs/discussion