Posted to general@gump.apache.org by Bill Barker <wb...@wilshire.com> on 2009/01/09 05:00:52 UTC

Updating jdtcore.jar

We've had some build failures due to an outdated jdtcore eclipse jar (Tomcat
in particular).  Since for all practical purposes, this is the only eclipse
jar that projects <depend /> on, I only replaced this jar and only on vmgump
(which AFAIK is the only one I have a login to).  I backed up the previous
jar to jdtcore-3.1.jar in case anybody has strong objections.  While the
directory is now mis-named, jdtcore.jar is now at 3.4.2.

I did it this way, since without access to helios and claris, I wanted a
solution that didn't involve changing metadata.  Of course, the true
gump-way &trade; would be to make eclipse a built project ;).

Re: Updating jdtcore.jar

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On 2009-01-09, Bill Barker <wb...@wilshire.com> wrote:

> We've had some build failures due to an outdated jdtcore eclipse jar (Tomcat
> in particular).  Since for all practical purposes, this is the only eclipse
> jar that projects <depend /> on, I only replaced this jar and only on vmgump
> (which AFAIK is the only one I have a login to).

yell if you feel you'd need access to helios (which hadn't run any
Gump builds for a month because it needed a manual svn update to
accept the new ASF certificate - and I didn't notice before
yesterday).

I've updated helios (can't do claris either) and renamed the
directory.  I also changed the file location on vmgump and will update
it to use the svn source for packages early next week.

> Of course, the true gump-way &trade; would be to make eclipse a
> built project ;).

I'm afraid of the number of dependencies this would add.  Then again,
I don't know anythng about Eclipse or its build process.

Stefan