Posted to user@pig.apache.org by preethi vinayak sunny <vi...@gmail.com> on 2010/07/22 23:05:01 UTC

ERROR 2998: Unhandled internal error. org/apache/hadoop/hbase/mapreduce/TableInputFormat

Hi All,

This is my first mail in the apache mailing list... please bear with me as I
am absolutely new to Hadoop and its family.

This is my question... I have some data on my hdfs in the following form.

(number:int,word:chararray, word2:chararray,somethingelse:int)

I want to get this data into a neatly formed HBase Table. I chose the
simpler way instead of writing my own udf. I wanted to do this....

register ../hbase/hbase-0.20.4.jar;
register ../hbase/hbase-0.20.4-test.jar;
A = Load '/some_data';
B = STORE A into 'hbase://something' USING
org.apache.pig.backend.hadoop.hbase.HBaseStorage;
dump B;

but this is the error I get when I do that

2010-07-22 16:38:35,041 [main] INFO
org.apache.pig.backend.hadoop.executionengine.HExecutionEngine - Connecting
to hadoop file system at: hdfs://MyMachine01:9000
2010-07-22 16:38:35,550 [main] INFO
org.apache.pig.backend.hadoop.executionengine.HExecutionEngine - Connecting
to map-reduce job tracker at: MyMachine01:9001
2010-07-22 16:38:35,868 [main] ERROR org.apache.pig.tools.grunt.Grunt -
ERROR 2998: Unhandled internal error.
org/apache/hadoop/hbase/mapreduce/TableInputFormat

I have checked my hbase-0.20.4.jar file and it does have a TableInputFormat
class. I added the right path to hadoop-env.sh in the CLASSPATH field. I
added the conf folder to the classpath and also the test jar.

I don't know why it wouldn't work. My HBase installation went really smooth.
I am able to check the status of the HBase in the hbase shell and still I
get this error. I am totally lost at this point. I would really appreciate
any help in this regard.

Thanks a bunch.
V.

Re: ERROR 2998: Unhandled internal error. org/apache/hadoop/hbase/mapreduce/TableInputFormat

Posted by preethi vinayak sunny <vi...@gmail.com>.
Well this thread kind of got me thinking that it might be possible to do it.

http://www.mail-archive.com/pig-user@hadoop.apache.org/msg01815.html

Thanks for the info.

V.

Posted by Alan Gates <ga...@yahoo-inc.com>.