Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com> on 2009/01/04 16:55:50 UTC

Mitosis review

Hi guys,

I have started a new page on the wiki about the current implementation
(reviewing MITOSIS).

Feel free to comment this page. It's a WiP.

http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/DIRxSRVx11/Mitosis+Development+Guide

Thanks !

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com
directory.apache.org

Re: Mitosis review

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Kiran Ayyagari wrote:
> I have a question, do we still use derby in the new/revised
> replication system( IIRC sometime back there was a discussion about
> taking derby out completely).
This is still to be discussed. It all depend on how we deal with pending
requests. We can switch to some journal, but the main problem is to
remove operations from this journal when they have been propagated.

Another option would be to use the DiT to store those pending operations.

> And what would be the best way for me to start working? understanding
> mitosis? and/or any other things out there
> like those mentioned in [1]
This page contains an analysis on what we currently have :
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/DIRxSRVx11/Mitosis+Development+Guide

You have to know that we are mostly on the same base : I'm trying to
reverse-engineer Mitosis, creating this page and updated it step by step.

I suggest we do that hand in hand, as we both have a little knowledge of

Re: Mitosis review

Posted by Kiran Ayyagari <ay...@gmail.com>.
I have a question, do we still use derby in the new/revised replication system( IIRC sometime back there was a
discussion about taking derby out completely).

And what would be the best way for me to start working? understanding mitosis? and/or any other things out there
like those mentioned in [1]

[1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/DIRxSRVx11/Replication+Requirements

Kiran Ayyagari

Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:
--
Kiran Ayyagari> Hi guys,

Re: Mitosis review

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.
AFAICT, the move, rename and move+rename operations may fail in mitosis.
I will review this tomorrow.

(just for the record)

Alex Karasulu wrote:
> That's great. I'd love to put together some flow diagrams of replication
> pathways and the overall organization of this stuff.
>
> On Sun, Jan 4, 2009 at 10:55 AM, Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>wrote:
>

>> Hi guys,
>>
>> I have started a new page on the wiki about the current implementation
>> (reviewing MITOSIS).
>>
>> Feel free to comment this page. It's a WiP.
>>

>> http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/DIRxSRVx11/Mitosis+Development+Guide
>>
>> Thanks !
>>
>> --
>> --