Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Jeremy Levy <je...@yahoo.com> on 2001/11/20 15:52:56 UTC

DTD's and SOAP

Is a DTD necessary for RPC Soap Calls?  I currently am doing RPC calls on a
product that I am working on and nowhere do I have any kind of DTD (and so
far it works fine)...  The product will be a closed system, where only
clients that my company writes will be allowed to access the system...
Should I be using a DTD? What are the advantages of using one in this type
of scenario?

Thanks

Jeremy

-help

Posted by Joost Fleuren <jo...@fleuren.org>.
-help

-help

Posted by Joost Fleuren <jo...@fleuren.org>.
-help

Re: DTD's and SOAP

Posted by Fred Meredith <fm...@nc.rr.com>.
Well, you wouldn't necessarily use a DTD, but an XML Schema could be
referenced.  The schema could serve as rudimentary documentation of the
interface with your web service.  If other development teams within your
company wanted to implement your service, all you would have to do is
distribute the schema which would define request and response formats from
your service.

Re: DTD's and SOAP