Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Jim Steinberger <st...@dynedge.com> on 2006/01/24 12:57:49 UTC

[TAP 4] disable-caching not working for me

Hiya,

I'm sorry to bother people, as this screams of user-error, but I'm
trying to use the disable-caching setting for the first time and so far
I'm not having any luck.

On Windows XP, I've added the following to my catalina.bat, above all
the %EXECJAVA% statements (Tomcat 5.5.12, btw):

set JAVA_OPTS=%JAVA_OPTS% -Dorg.apache.tapestry.disable-caching=true

echo "JAVA_OPTS = " %JAVA_OPTS%

Here is the output when starting up:

C:\Java\Tomcat\bin>startup.bat

Using CATALINA_BASE:   C:\Java\Tomcat

Using CATALINA_HOME:   C:\Java\Tomcat

Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: C:\Java\Tomcat\temp

Using JAVA_HOME:       C:\Java\JDKs\jdk1.5.0_05

Using JAVA_OPTS:
-Djava.util.logging.manager=org.apache.juli.ClassLoaderLogManager
-Djava.util.logging.

config.file="${catalina.base}\conf\logging.properties"
-Dorg.apache.tapestry.disable-caching=true

I then load my simple login page, and correctly see the "Username:"
text.  But when I change "Username:" to "Usernamesssssss:", and refresh
the page, the browser flickers indicating a server response but
"Username:" does not change.  Skeptical of IE, I have tried CTR-F5 a
bunch of times in a row, and I have also tried opening brand new browser
windows, including one on another computer.  Restarting Tomcat or
reloading the application results in the correct "Usernamesssssss:"

I don't see what I'm doing wrong, but it's 7 AM after an all-nighter so
I might just need someone to spot my misspelling.

Thanks much,

Jim