Posted to users@felix.apache.org by Sadish M <sa...@gmail.com> on 2011/09/27 13:44:44 UTC

ipojo custom handlers - auto attached handlers - issue in attaching to specific components Click to flag this post

Dear all,

I have an issues concerning the custom auto handlers in ipojo. I have
created an handler (say Handler-Auto), I want this handler to be auto
attached to a POJO component instances (say Comp-1) without touching the
metadata of POJO components.
To achieve this, we need to set the
"org.apache.felix.ipojo.handler.auto.primitive" variable in the system
property with the list of handlers as specified in the below link:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FELIX-2594?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:all-tabpanel#issue-tabs
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FELIX-2594?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:all-tabpanel#issue-tabs

The problem  is, when I do like this, my handler (Handler-Auto) is attached
to all the components or instances that are created or deployed over the
system. To intercept methods or fields from a  particular component we need
to add filter at the handler.  But its too late to add filter after
attaching handlers with all unnecessary stuffs.

Instead of attaching the handler to all the components,   Is there anyway
that, this handler (Handler-Auto) can me made to be attached to a specific
components or instances ? as per the user wish.

It would be great if we have this feature and it ll become very dynamic.

Please help if there is any other way to do this or what could be the
solution to achieve this ??

thanks for your help in advance!

Thanks,
Sadish