Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org> on 2007/07/30 15:25:43 UTC

Releases

Just a heads up that I'm about to make a series of releases to try
and make it possible to vote on and release Maven 2.1-alpha-1. I've
fixed a critical flaw in Classworlds, the single plexus JAR is back
and I'll release that, Modello (using plexus), plexus-utils (with
encoding fixes by Herve), and Doxia (but I'll leave that to Vincent
if he wants to try). At that point the Maven trunk will depend on all
released versions of everything. A point of stability from which we
can start making alpha releases of Maven 2.1.

Vincent/Dennis, if you guys are working on Doxia I will let you know
when I push out the plexus release. If you can try it with the single
plexus JAR then that should remove many of the problems you've seen
and should facilitate the release of the site plugin.

Thanks,

Jason

Jason van Zyl
Founder and PMC Chair, Apache Maven
jason at sonatype dot com

Re: Releases

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>.
I've already bumped everything to 1.4.5 which I will release first.

Everything uses the new plexus I'm about to release which also uses
the new release of plexus-utils.

Re: Releases

Posted by Vincent Siveton <vi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jason,

Re: Releases

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>.
On 30 Jul 07, at 10:06 AM 30 Jul 07, Dan Tran wrote:

> Please apply http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/PLXUTILS-34
>
> This issue is preventing  us from using the latest plexus-util on
> system
> without bash shell
> ( like AIX).

To late for this cycle, but I'll be cutting releases every week for
the underlying components as things improve.

Re: Releases

Posted by Dan Tran <da...@gmail.com>.

Re: Releases

Posted by Stephane Nicoll <st...@gmail.com>.

Re: Releases

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>.
On 2 Aug 07, at 4:29 PM 2 Aug 07, Dennis Lundberg wrote:

> Jason, do you consider http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/DOXIA-112 as
> fixed now?

Yes, any problems that arise are now with the container itself. The
second JAR should be blocked.

Re: Releases

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.

Jason van Zyl wrote:
> If you guys want to try the releases that would be good. I made the
> releases of p-u and plexus as a first stabilizing step. I have built
> doxia and the tests work fine but that's not necessarily representative
> of the site plugin working in 2.0.x and 2.1. I expect there might be
> some problems but I can flip releases of plexus and p-u in a very short
> period of time if we run into problems. There is a single plexus JAR
> again so all of the CCE problems should go away, and this should not be
> a problem in 2.0.x as the version of the container used there is still a
> single JAR.
>
> I won't be around at all tomorrow but back on Wednesday so if you have
> any problems I will see them on Tuesday night and can fix them on
> Wednesday. I expect there might be some problems with the changes for
> encoding in p-u with the site plugin but have not tried them myself yet.
>
> On 30 Jul 07, at 9:38 AM 30 Jul 07, Arnaud HERITIER wrote:

>>> Vincent/Dennis, if you guys are working on Doxia I will let you know
>>> when I push out the plexus release. If you can try it with the single
>>> plexus JAR then that should remove many of the problems you've seen
>>> and should facilitate the release of the site plugin.
>>
>> Hey Jason , You forgot that now Lukas is also a Doxia Guru ;-)
>>
>> Arnaud

> Jason

> Jason van Zyl
> Founder and PMC Chair, Apache Maven