Posted to dev@hudi.apache.org by Vinoth Chandar <vi...@apache.org> on 2021/10/14 20:16:24 UTC

Release 0.10.0 planning

Hi all,

It's time for our next release again!

I have marked out some blockers here on JIRA.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/HUDI/versions/12350285

Quick highlights:
- Metadata table v2, which is synchronously updated
- Row writing (Spark) for all write operations
- Kafka Connect for append only data model
- New indexing schemes moving bloom filters and file range footers into
metadata table to improve upsert/delete performance.
- Fixes needed for Trino/Presto support.
- Most of the "big-needle-mover" PRs that are up already.
- Revamp of docs to match our vision.

May need some help understanding all the Flink related changes.

Kindly review and let's use this thread to ratify and discuss timelines.

Thanks
Vinoth

Re: Release 0.10.0 planning

Posted by Vinoth Chandar <vi...@apache.org>.
Let's lock it in, unless someone objects by Monday PST.

Re: Release 0.10.0 planning

Posted by Gary Li <ga...@apache.org>.
Nov 26 looks good to me.

Re: Release 0.10.0 planning

Posted by Sivabalan <n....@gmail.com>.
sounds fine by me. Can others (especially PMC and committers) chime in here
for the proposed date.

On Wed, Nov 3, 2021 at 4:11 AM Vinoth Chandar <vi...@apache.org> wrote:

> Folks, may be good to push it by a week. Nov 26 can be the RC cut date.
>
> On Mon, Nov 1, 2021 at 7:41 PM Vinoth Chandar <vi...@apache.org> wrote:
>

> > Great! Is everyone good with the nov 19 date? Love to atleast do this
> > before nov 26, before holidays kick in!
> >

> > On Mon, Nov 1, 2021 at 7:36 PM Danny Chan <da...@apache.org> wrote:
> >
> >> I can take that.
> >>
> >> Best,
> >> Danny
> >>
> >> Vinoth Chandar <vi...@apache.org> 于2021年10月30日周六 上午6:07写道:

> looking

> >> into

-Sivabalan

Re: Release 0.10.0 planning

Posted by Vinoth Chandar <vi...@apache.org>.

Re: Release 0.10.0 planning

Posted by Vinoth Chandar <vi...@apache.org>.

Re: Release 0.10.0 planning

Posted by Danny Chan <da...@apache.org>.
I can take that.

Re: Release 0.10.0 planning

Posted by Vinoth Chandar <vi...@apache.org>.
Hi all,

Re: Release 0.10.0 planning

Posted by Vinoth Chandar <vi...@apache.org>.
Hi all,

Re: Release 0.10.0 planning

Posted by Sivabalan <n....@gmail.com>.
This release has a lot of exciting features lined up. Eagerly looking
forward to it.

On Thu, Oct 14, 2021 at 1:17 PM Vinoth Chandar <vi...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> It's time for our next release again!
>
> I have marked out some blockers here on JIRA.
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/HUDI/versions/12350285
>

> Quick highlights:
> - Metadata table v2, which is synchronously updated
> - Row writing (Spark) for all write operations
> - Kafka Connect for append only data model
> - New indexing schemes moving bloom filters and file range footers into
> metadata table to improve upsert/delete performance.
> - Fixes needed for Trino/Presto support.
> - Most of the "big-needle-mover" PRs that are up already.
> - Revamp of docs to match our vision.
>
> May need some help understanding all the Flink related changes.
>
> Kindly review and let's use this thread to ratify and discuss timelines.
>

> Thanks
> Vinoth

-Sivabalan

Re: Release 0.10.0 planning

Posted by Sivabalan <n....@gmail.com>.
This release has a lot of exciting features lined up. Eagerly looking
forward to it.

On Thu, Oct 14, 2021 at 1:17 PM Vinoth Chandar <vi...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> It's time for our next release again!
>
> I have marked out some blockers here on JIRA.
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/HUDI/versions/12350285
>

> Quick highlights:
> - Metadata table v2, which is synchronously updated
> - Row writing (Spark) for all write operations
> - Kafka Connect for append only data model
> - New indexing schemes moving bloom filters and file range footers into
> metadata table to improve upsert/delete performance.
> - Fixes needed for Trino/Presto support.
> - Most of the "big-needle-mover" PRs that are up already.
> - Revamp of docs to match our vision.
>
> May need some help understanding all the Flink related changes.
>
> Kindly review and let's use this thread to ratify and discuss timelines.
>

> Thanks
> Vinoth

-Sivabalan