Posted to legal-discuss@apache.org by Sheng Zha <sz...@gmail.com> on 2018/06/05 16:52:33 UTC

Is the "Intel Simplified Software License" within ASF Policies?

Hi,

I'm a committer from Apache MXNet (incubating), and we at MXNet are
exploring the integration of Intel's scientific computing library called MKL
<https://software.intel.com/en-us/mkl>, which carries the Intel Simplified
Software License
<https://software.intel.com/en-us/license/intel-simplified-software-license>,
a license that allows redistribution under its terms. We'd like to provide
pre-built binary MXNet libraries that integrate with MKL for better
performance if permitted. Thanks!

Bests,
Sheng

Re: Is the "Intel Simplified Software License" within ASF Policies?

Posted by Craig Russell <ap...@gmail.com>.
Hi Sheng,

Please open a Legal JIRA for this topic so it can be tracked and the resolution documented for posterity.

Thanks,

Craig

> On Jun 5, 2018, at 9:52 AM, Sheng Zha <sz...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I'm a committer from Apache MXNet (incubating), and we at MXNet are exploring the integration of Intel's scientific computing library called MKL <https://software.intel.com/en-us/mkl>, which carries the Intel Simplified Software License <https://software.intel.com/en-us/license/intel-simplified-software-license>, a license that allows redistribution under its terms. We'd like to provide pre-built binary MXNet libraries that integrate with MKL for better performance if permitted. Thanks!
>
> Bests,
> Sheng

Craig L Russell
Secretary, Apache Software Foundation