Posted to dev@amaterasu.apache.org by Yaniv Rodenski <ya...@shinto.io> on 2018/02/10 12:21:53 UTC

[DISCUSS] Monthly report and getting ready to release 0.2.0 incubating

Hi All,

Slightly late this month, unfortunately, I was out due to some health
issues...
Before getting to the report, it is very likely we will finish the
development of 0.2.0-incubating this week.
YARN support is completed and we have one performance improvement and one
feature to complete the version.
Mentors - What are our next steps to release the version once development
is done?

As for the monthly report, I suggest the following:

''
Apache Amaterasu is a framework providing configuration management and
deployment for Big Data Pipelines.

It provides the following capabilities:

tools to package pipelines and run tests.
A repository to store those packaged applications: the applications
repository.
A repository to store the pipelines, and engine configuration (for
instance, the location of the Spark master, etc.): per environment - the
configuration repository.
A dashboard to monitor the pipelines.
A DSL and integration hooks allowing third parties to easily integrate.

Amaterasu has been incubating since 2017-09.

  1. Prepare the first release
  2. Grow up user and contributor communities
  3. Prepare documentation

aware of?

  None

 * 3 PRs were opened and 2 of them are already merged.
 * there are only 2 more tasks pending for the next release:
    -
https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/AMATERASU/issues/AMATERASU-14?filter=allopenissues
    -
https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/AMATERASU/issues/AMATERASU-16?filter=allopenissues
    Both are in development and are expected to be completed this week.
  * The Amaterasu CLI tools are now planned for the version after the next,
in order to avoid delays in releasing version 0.2.0-incubating

Date of the last release:

  N/A

When were the last committers or PMC members elected?

  N/A
"

If there are no objections I will need help updating the wiki looks like
the user I've re-created recently got deleted again :(

Cheers,

--
Yaniv Rodenski

Re: [DISCUSS] Monthly report and getting ready to release 0.2.0 incubating

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
I agree with Davor for the release.

For the report, I think we can take a 3 month pace now (monthly is required only
for the first three months).

Regards
JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: [DISCUSS] Monthly report and getting ready to release 0.2.0 incubating

Posted by Davor Bonaci <da...@apache.org>.