Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by mwendling <mw...@ipass.com> on 2014/06/28 00:14:34 UTC

InFlight count for TopicSubsrcription growing

I have a network of 2 brokers that are connected in duplex mode.

Is it normal that the InFlightCount continuously grows for the
ActiveMQ.Advisory.Consumer.Queue.... topics?

I see that the number of InFlight messages is growing and growing and the
dequeued count stays at 0

Also, the inflight count is growing even when the application is basically
idle.

The brokers are embedded in service mix 5.0.0 so it is activemq 5.9

the two servers are identical running the same consumers and producers and
messages get processed on both servers fine but I don't understand why the
advisory topics don't get processed?

Matt

Re: InFlight count for TopicSubsrcription growing

Posted by Christian Posta <ch...@gmail.com>.
A topic doesn't have a notion of "dequeue".. is this for the topic itself,
or a specific subscription to the topic?

On Fri, Jun 27, 2014 at 3:14 PM, mwendling <mw...@ipass.com> wrote:

> I have a network of 2 brokers that are connected in duplex mode.
>
> Is it normal that the InFlightCount continuously grows for the
> ActiveMQ.Advisory.Consumer.Queue.... topics?
>
> I see that the number of InFlight messages is growing and growing and the
> dequeued count stays at 0
>
> Also, the inflight count is growing even when the application is basically
> idle.
>
> The brokers are embedded in service mix 5.0.0 so it is activemq 5.9
>
> the two servers are identical running the same consumers and producers and
> messages get processed on both servers fine but I don't understand why the
> advisory topics don't get processed?
>

> Matt

*Christian Posta*
http://www.christianposta.com/blog