Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by "Steigerwald, Aaron" <as...@brandesassociates.com.INVALID> on 2022/04/22 17:28:52 UTC

Artemis Cluster Management UI

Hello,

What ways exist to manage all Artemis cluster instances from one UI? I know a different browser tab can connect to each Artemis instance. My hope is a more streamlined way exists.

Thank you,
Aaron Steigerwald

RE: Artemis Cluster Management UI

Posted by "Dondorp, Erwin" <er...@cgi.com.INVALID>.
> My hope is a more streamlined way exists.
It should not be too difficult to create an alternative GUI in which you can select a broker instance.
But is that approach sufficient? Or do you require an integrated view for an Artemis cluster? e.g. list all connections for a cluster of brokers?

I had a colleague that just used JConsole to connect to the JMX interface of an Artemis broker. And JConsole allows connections to multiple servers.
The GUI is more primitive than the actual Artemis GUI, but all operations and all information are also available there.

My current approach is to use a small HTML file on my desktop that has the urls to all my Artemis brokers.

e.

Posted by "Steigerwald, Aaron" <as...@brandesassociates.com.INVALID>.
Thank you for the input.

I solved the problem of not being able to open multiple Artemis Management browser tabs by creating unique browser cookies using a class that implements javax.servlet.ServletContextListener and adding it to the WEB-INF/web.xml file in Artemis's console.war like so:

  <listener>
    <listener-class>your.class.with.package.name.here<listener-class>
  <listener>

The class's "public void contextInitialized(ServletContextEvent servletContextEvent)" method is overridden and sets a unique JSESSIONID cookie name. I used "JSESSIONID.${artemis.broker.name}". For example:

final ServletContext servletContext = servletContextEvent.getServletContext();
final SessionCookieConfig sessionCookieConfig = servletContext.getSessionCookieConfig();
sessionCookieConfig.setName("JSESSIONID.your.broker.name.here");

Aaron Steigerwald

Posted by David Martin <da...@qoritek.com>.

Posted by "Dondorp, Erwin" <er...@cgi.com.INVALID>.
Dave,