Posted to user@xmlbeans.apache.org by Harald Meyer <ha...@hpi.uni-potsdam.de> on 2005/06/23 15:25:53 UTC

Insert reflected in object tree?

Hi,

I am adding elements to an XML object tree using a cursor:

cursor.beginElement(new QName("http://foo.com", "bar"));

The new element does not seem to be recognized in the object tree. If I
do

cursor.toParent();
System.err.println(cursor.getObject().schemaType());

the result is:
N=

The new element is an element that is not expected at this position in
the schema, but it is allowed. So there are no accessors for it. But it
is an element for which a generated class exists.

Is this expected behaviour? Or is there a better way to add XMLObjects
to a position where they are not expected?

Best regards,
Harald

--
Harald Meyer            Hasso-Plattner-Inst. für Softwaresystemtechnik
Fon: +49 3 31 55 09-160       Prof.-Dr.-Helmertstr. 2-3, 14482 Potsdam