Posted to users@nifi.apache.org by scott <tc...@gmail.com> on 2018/03/27 04:06:05 UTC

how to edit queue content

Hi community,

I've got a question about a feature I would find useful. I've been
setting up a lot of new flows and testing various configurations, and I
thought it would be really useful if I could edit the content of queues.
For example, I can examine each file in the queue, then decide I want to
keep the second one and the third one, then remove the rest before
resuming my flow testing. I know I can delete all files, but is there a
way to have more control over the queue content? Could I delete a
specific file, or change the order of the queue?

Thanks for your time,

Scott

Re: how to edit queue content

Posted by Andrew Grande <ap...@gmail.com>.
How is it going to work with e.g. 20GB of events in the queue? I'd be
careful, as requirements blow up into a full db with indexes, search, and a
UI on top. If one wanted to filter events, wouldn't a standard processor do
the job better?

Andrew

Re: how to edit queue content

Posted by Joe Witt <jo...@gmail.com>.
Scott

Re: how to edit queue content

Posted by Mike Thomsen <mi...@gmail.com>.
If you know one of the supported scripting languages, you can probably do
some of that with ExecuteScript. For example, if you wanted to drop every
other flowfile in a block of 100, it'd be like this:

def flowfiles = session.get(100) // Get up to 100
int index = 1
flowfiles?.each { flowFile ->
if (index % 2 == 0) {
session.remove(flowFile)