Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by david zhuang <da...@yahoo.com> on 2006/07/01 02:41:44 UTC

Questions : how to make one portlet processAction() get called before others

Hi,
  I am developing a portal site now, I encounter the following problem:
  One page has 2 portlet A and B.
  1. Portlet A will check whether this user is registered user and do auto login, show this user's name.
  2. Portlet B will add this user's ID into some generated URL link.

  How can I always let portlet A function processAction() get called first and populate the result to portlet B?

  Thanks for the help!
  -David

Re: Questions : how to make one portlet processAction() get called before others

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
david zhuang wrote:
> Hi,
>   I am developing a portal site now, I encounter the following problem:
>   One page has 2 portlet A and B.
>   1. Portlet A will check whether this user is registered user and do auto login, show this user's name.
>   2. Portlet B will add this user's ID into some generated URL link.
>
>   How can I always let portlet A function processAction() get called first and populate the result to portlet B?
>
>   Thanks for the help!
>   -David

THe processAction is guaranteed to be called first.
Its up to you how to pass the user name to the second portlet
If they are in the same app, you could use the Portlet Session's
application scope. There are also a few portlet messaging solutions that
have been discussed on this list and the jetspeed-user list. The next
spec will more formerly address portlet intercommunication