Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com> on 2008/02/06 18:48:41 UTC

[VOTE] Add Kevin Menard as a Tapestry Committer

Another very active Tapestry community member is Kevin Menard, who's
been mentoring, filing bugs and providing a lot of patches. Kevin has
experience in open source, he's a PMC member on the Apache Cayenne
project, and has a lot of interesting plans for Tapestry.

Vote to run for three days. Lazy consensus (at least three +1's, no
-1's).  Binding votes from Tapestry PMC members.

Howard M. Lewis Ship: +1 (binding)

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship

Re: [VOTE] Add Kevin Menard as a Tapestry Committer

Posted by Ben Dotte <be...@gmail.com>.
Ben Dotte: +1 (non-binding)

Posted by Daniel Jue <te...@gmail.com>.
Daniel Jue +1 (non-binding)

Posted by "Filip S. Adamsen" <fs...@fsadev.com>.

Posted by Massimo Lusetti <ml...@gmail.com>.
On Feb 6, 2008 6:48 PM, Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Another very active Tapestry community member is Kevin Menard, who's
> been mentoring, filing bugs and providing a lot of patches. Kevin has
> experience in open source, he's a PMC member on the Apache Cayenne
> project, and has a lot of interesting plans for Tapestry.

Massimo Lusetti: +1 (non-binding)

--
Massimo
http://meridio.blogspot.com

Fwd: Cayenne and JPA?

Posted by Christian Edward Gruber <ch...@gmail.com>.
LOL.  I mixed my lists, as this happened over on Tapestry, but here's
the thread.  Looks like Cayenne might be an option depending on how
far they're going, but it's not there yet, though I have done a bit of
open-source work with Andrus (who heads that project) a long time ago,
and he's good with quick support.

Anyway, I only mention it because it's an apache-based ORM which has
been around for quite some time, and has a decent architecture, and a
GUI mapping tool.  It's conceptually based on Enterprise Object
Framework from NeXT, which became the core of WebObjects etc.  Good
stuff, and the tool is convenient.

Christian.

Begin forwarded message:

Re: Cayenne and JPA?

Posted by Christian Edward Gruber <ch...@gmail.com>.
Ugh, sorry.  I got confused between the tapestry list and the
continuum list, both of which I'm tracking, and Continuum folks are
thinking through their 2.0 product vision.  This includes a move to
JPA (most of hte work's been done on that, but finalizing the effort
and picking their JPA default implementation is currently under
discussion.   So ignore this OT threat, it wasn't really intended for
this audience.  I'll forward this to the other list.  Apologies...

Chirstian.

Re: Cayenne and JPA?

Posted by Kevin Menard <km...@servprise.com>.

Cayenne and JPA?

Posted by Christian Edward Gruber <ch...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Robert Zeigler <ro...@scazdl.org>.
+1

It's been fun to watch Kevin dive into Cayenne development, making an
immediate difference as a committer. I'm sure he'll do the same with
Tapestry.

Robert

Posted by D&J Gredler <dj...@gmail.com>.
Daniel Gredler: +1 (non-binding)

On Feb 6, 2008 12:48 PM, Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Another very active Tapestry community member is Kevin Menard, who's
> been mentoring, filing bugs and providing a lot of patches. Kevin has
> experience in open source, he's a PMC member on the Apache Cayenne
> project, and has a lot of interesting plans for Tapestry.
>
> Vote to run for three days. Lazy consensus (at least three +1's, no
> -1's).  Binding votes from Tapestry PMC members.
>
> Howard M. Lewis Ship: +1 (binding)
>

> --
> Howard M. Lewis Ship

Daniel Gredler
http://daniel.gredler.net/

Re: [SUCCESS] Add Kevin Menard as a Tapestry Committer

Posted by Gabriel Landais <la...@codelutin.com>.
Kevin Menard a écrit :
> Anyway, thanks again.  It's an honor to join the project.

Hi,
You should also add your informations in pom.xml as a developer ;) I've
seen other comitter added recently, not sure they have done it yet.
Thanks for your work

--
Gabriel <la...@codelutin.com>
http://www.codelutin.com

Re: [SUCCESS] Add Kevin Menard as a Tapestry Committer

Posted by Kevin Menard <km...@servprise.com>.
Great!  I'm looking forward to helping out however I can and I appreciate
the support others have given me.

I do have an ICLA on file already.  Relevant info:

SVN ID:  kmenard
JIRA ID: nirvdrum (set up when I was user, sorry)

I suppose I need to sign my email backup to the dev list.  I've been using
NNTP via Gmane, but I think all committers have to be subscribed to the dev
list, so I'll set that up.

Anyway, thanks again.  It's an honor to join the project.

--
Kevin

On 2/11/08 2:08 PM, in article
ecd0e3310802111108h55dbc078he924f4c3e1dfe97f@mail.gmail.com, "Howard Lewis

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
Welcome to the Team, Kevin!

Posted by Igor Drobiazko <ig...@gmail.com>.
Igor Drobiazko: +1 (non-binding)

On Feb 6, 2008 6:48 PM, Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Another very active Tapestry community member is Kevin Menard, who's
> been mentoring, filing bugs and providing a lot of patches. Kevin has
> experience in open source, he's a PMC member on the Apache Cayenne
> project, and has a lot of interesting plans for Tapestry.
>
> Vote to run for three days. Lazy consensus (at least three +1's, no
> -1's).  Binding votes from Tapestry PMC members.
>
> Howard M. Lewis Ship: +1 (binding)
>

> --
> Howard M. Lewis Ship

Best regards,

Igor Drobiazko

Re: [VOTE] Add Kevin Menard as a Tapestry Committer

Posted by Andreas Andreou <an...@gmail.com>.
Andreas Andreou: +1 (binding)

--
Andreas Andreou - andyhot@apache.org - http://blog.andyhot.gr
Tapestry / Tacos developer

Re: [VOTE] Add Kevin Menard as a Tapestry Committer

Posted by Marcus Schulte <et...@googlemail.com>.
Marcus Schulte: +1 (binding)

Posted by Davor Hrg <hr...@gmail.com>.
Davor Hrg +1(non-binding)