Posted to httpclient-users@hc.apache.org by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org> on 2013/03/09 15:40:43 UTC

Re: Upgrading commons-httpclient-3.x to HttpClient4.x

On Sat, 2013-02-16 at 05:41 -0800, Adrian wrote:
> Hi Oleg
>
> >What I could do, though, is to make HttpClient use
> >javax.net.ssl.SSLSocketFactory#getDefault() by default in the 4.3
branch.

> That would be a big help for us, can you do that?
>
> Thank you
> Adrian

Adrian

I ended up using a middle way approach. By default HttpClient will
continue to use SSL context based on the default trust material shipped
with JRE. However, when instructed to use system properties
HttpClientBuilder in 4.3 or DefaultSystemHttpClient in 4.2 will use
javax.net.ssl.SSLSocketFactory#getDefault() to create a socket factory
with a SSL context based on system properties.

Oleg