Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by alan leung <ch...@yahoo.com> on 2001/04/24 01:12:34 UTC

Servlet --> File --> Web-browser

Hi,
I have a servlet reads a file from FileInputStream and
copy those bytes to ServletOutputStream and send back
to web browser.

But if user click CANCEL while downloading in
netscape. i will get an exception in doGet method. -->
IOException in doGet(): java.net.SocketException:
Connection aborted by peer: socket write error

if user click CANCEL in IE (Internet Explorer). i
didn't get any exception print out.

Both cases is browser connect to servlet engine
directly (tomcat)

if browser connects to apache server --> then tomcat;
no exception got caught for netscape and IE if user
click CANCEL while download.

What i think is clicking CANCEL while downloading a
file would lost the TCP connection without ending it.
which would always rise an IOException right?  Why if
i use apache server w/ tomcat or IE connect to tomcat
directly won't cause IOException in doGet() method?

thanks.

http://auctions.yahoo.com/

Re: Servlet --> File --> Web-browser

Posted by alan leung <ch...@yahoo.com>.