Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa...@marcelot.net> on 2007/09/10 23:26:57 UTC

[VOTE] [Studio] Release of Apache Directory Studio 1.0.1

Hi Dev,

One week after the release of the 1.0.0 version, Apache Directory Studio
1.0.1 seems ready for release.

It's fixes a really major bug with SSL connections not working in the LDAP
Browser and a few others.

Here's the complete changelog:

> Apache Directory Studio 1.0.1
>
> Bug
>   * [DIRSTUDIO-162] - Delete old RDN on rename has no effect
>   * [DIRSTUDIO-180] - Connection wizard and properties tabs are out of
> order
>   * [DIRSTUDIO-183] - It's not possible to select a Connection in a New
>   * [DIRSTUDIO-186] - When copying an entry it isn't displayed correctly
> in the browser tree
>   * [DIRSTUDIO-190] - SSL connections are no longer working
>
> Improvement
>   * [DIRSTUDIO-185] - Provide completion for all attribute types in the
> attribute wizard
>
> Task
>   * [DIRSTUDIO-181] - Update the documentation of the Schema Editor Plugin
>   * [DIRSTUDIO-188] - Move LDIF Editor help to its own help plugin

Version 1.0.1 has been tagged in SVN here :
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/directory/studio/tags/1.0.1/
The packages are available for testing here :
http://people.apache.org/~pamarcelot/packages_1.0.1/

Time to vote:
[ ] +1 Release Apache Directory Studio 1.0.1
[ ] +/-0 Abstain
[ ] -1 Do not release Apache Directory Studio 1.0.1

Thanks,

Pierre-Arnaud

Re: [VOTE] [Studio] Release of Apache Directory Studio 1.0.1

Posted by Ersin Er <er...@gmail.com>.
[x] +1 Release Apache Directory Studio 1.0.1

--
Ersin Er
http://www.ersin-er.name

Re: [VOTE] [Studio] Release of Apache Directory Studio 1.0.1

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.
+1 of course.

I would also like to raise a point : a GUI is not a server, and as we
can deploy a bug fix via an update site, is it reasonnable to think
that the 72 hours delay seems a little bit too long for bug fixes
releases ?

I do think that a 72 hours vote is mandatory for major or minor
releases, but a shortest delay may be interesting dor bug fixes (24
hours for instance).

wdyt ?

On 9/10/07, Alex Karasulu <ak...@apache.org> wrote:
> +1
>
> -Alex
>

> On 9/10/07, Chris Custine <cc...@apache.org> wrote:
> > [x] +1 Release Apache Directory Studio 1.0.1
> >

> > On 9/10/07, Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot < pa@marcelot.net> wrote:
> > > Hi Dev,
> > >
> > > One week after the release of the 1.0.0 version, Apache Directory Studio
> 1.0.1 seems ready for release.
> > >
> > > It's fixes a really major bug with SSL connections not working in the
> LDAP Browser and a few others.
> > >
> > > Here's the complete changelog:

> order
> New Search
> correctly in the browser tree

> the attribute wizard

> Plugin
> > >

> > > Version 1.0.1 has been tagged in SVN here :
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/directory/studio/tags/1.0.1/
> > > The packages are available for testing here :
> http://people.apache.org/~pamarcelot/packages_1.0.1/
> > >
> > > Time to vote:
> > > [ ] +1 Release Apache Directory Studio 1.0.1
> > > [ ] +/-0 Abstain
> > > [ ] -1 Do not release Apache Directory Studio 1.0.1
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > >
> > > Pierre-Arnaud

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com

Re: [VOTE] [Studio] Release of Apache Directory Studio 1.0.1

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ak...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Chris Custine <cc...@apache.org>.

Posted by Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa...@marcelot.net>.